Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Of course it's not any safer..it's the same car. Those tests are silly. It's like testing a SUV vs a train. Let's see 5000lbs vs 2500lbs...hmmmm. This is why all our cars are become heavier and heavier.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to agree with you. The SUV vs small car debate is pretty bad. The SUV always wins.

But what about SUV vs tree and small car vs tree? I am not so sure the SUV does any better just because it weighs more.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think they do those tests to gauge the extreme instances. I heard the Z rated 4 of 5 stars when it comes to crash tests and safety. That is part of the reason I bought the car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
5 star on the standard test, not the SUV test. I don't understand how we can expect a budget car to have the same level of protection as a bigger more expensive car.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The 5 star rating is also only if you have the side airbags

·
Registered
351 Posts
yeah, but if I recall, most deads are in single car accidents? Maybe not, i dunno. but where was that thread with the F150 and the Mini in seperate crash tests? The mini was fine, but the F150 passenger compartment was squished pretty good. I'll take a smaller car any day and bank on my chances of avoiding an accident, rather than surrounding myself ina huge hunk of metal and hoping for the best...

I feel way safer in my Z than I did in my blazer (****, I feel safe on my bike most of the time).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts