Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a simple problem but I am getting attention on Bridge road for all the wrong reasons :doh:

I recently had Race Brakes in North Melbourne install RB74 pads and DBA 4000 Slotted rotors on the front end of my 03 Track (nice guys by the way).

From 1kmh to about 25kmh they squeel while the brakes are off. The squeeling sound stops as soon as you appkly the brakes (usually the otherway around with squeeling brakes I thought).

The guys at Race Brakes said that it will bed in eventually (he suggested after another track day) and that the sound is the slotted wipers brushing against the pads. I have done one track day at Sandown and they were fine after this.

They actually started squeeling after a run through Reefton Spur a couple weeks ago - its hard on brakes but not like Sandown is :OMG: !!!

Help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BTW the rear OEM pads are fine too.

Clint

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I agree if the pads are good for track days then they will proabably squeal, when I put my Carbotech XP+ for track events they were horrible as they were track only pads, I now have the EBC Reds which is not quite track pads but they squeal every now and then.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
RB74s are not that 'hardcore' ... I've used then over a year on my old car and had only very little, and accasional squealing. Though, Yun has RB74s on his 350Z Track so I'd be interested to hear how much his RB74s squeal?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Mine doesn't squeel at all. Didn't know why yours is squelling? Probably you didn't do the Bedding properly?

i think you need to do 100kmh-60kmh like 6 times very quickly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I followed the bedding in process that Race Brakes told me. In fact the brakes were fine after Sandown track day and only started to squeel after a run through Reefton Spur.

Do you think if I take it for an early morning drive on the freeway and repeat the bedding in process that it might fix the problem - or have I stuffed the pads?

Clint

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW Yun where did you get your JWT Pop Charger from? How much? Trying to hunt one down in Melbourne with little luck.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hey Clint'

I don't think you can get JWT pop charger here in Melbourne.

You have to get it from USA.

Unless someone here in Melbourne is selling it off.

Another alternative of intake you can look at is the APEXi intake (been tested to be better than K&N) But you just don't get all the bits like the pop charger. So you have to make them yourself (ei. Heat shield)

Cheers
Yun

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
FYI if you drive around normally with alot of light braking you will actually reverse the bed in procedure as the cold pads scrap off all the bedded in pad material.

I was going to say the same thing. Therefore give the brakes a bit of a workout may make the squealing go away. I have the Ferodo pads (which are harder), and they start squealing if I don't use them hard for for a while.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Talking about the Devil. My Pad just start squeling now on the passenger side :(
lol

oh well have to do some tracking day again :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts