Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so first off I have a 2003 350z performance, it has 146k on it. Only mods are a aem intake, hks replica exhaust and test pipes.

The other day I was driving and it was raining (I know I should have taken off the intake but it was about 5am in the morning) I drove to work and on the way hit a small puddle. The car bogged down and the idle was not very stead any more was still drivable but it was in limp mode. Luckily I was close to work so drove the other 3 miles and parked it. After work it started right up, and was no longer in limp mode so I drove it home. About 15 miles later the Rpms started jumping up and down so I pulled over really quick as the car stalled out since I put the clutch in. I tried to start it and it would only crank.

Next day I tried to start it and it will start but stall. I replaced the crank sensor, along with both camshaft sensors, cleaned the maf sensor, replaced all the spark plugs, checked all the coils for blistering, replaced the throttle body. I'm running out of ideas what it could be? After replaced and cleaning all that, it will now start but then the idle jumps up to around 1500 then drops to about 500 then up to 2000 then it stalls and sometimes backfires. Then I can crank it again and the same? Any ideas or suggestions? I'm trying to pull codes and nothing is coming up, except for the 02 sensors from the test pipes. I've down the whole way reset procedure and also the throttle position relearn and other ones. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is a common ECU outcome that many people have struggled with (including me) - it's very frustrating

Disconnect the battery and leave it for half a day or more
When you reconnect it, do the throttle calibration procedure (which you need anyway having replaced the throttle bodies)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked all the fuses, and disconnected the battery for the whole day, even pushed the brakes for a while to remove any remaining electricity, reconnected it and did the whole relearn procedure, and it still does the same thing on start up, then it will not idle, and dies.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
This must have happened some time ago. You need to get this Z to a trained Nissan tech with a Consult III unit. We can't diagnose much of what appears to be a complex problem from behind a keyboard, so it's time to get a pro involved and stop throwing parts at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts