Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
its a west Australian company, Ive been told they offer a supercharger for the 350z for around 15 k aus dollars ,
Seems expensive , Ill ring em tomorrow try and get some info.
Pete

http://www.sprintex.com.au
Hi Pete

I have heard of them. It was used on a Mitsubishi Magna 3.5 V6 and when it was fitted it gave the vehicle 224Kw and V8 like torque figures. It totally transformed the Magna, giving it more tractability and mid range pull/punch.

Hmm...$15k for a supercharger kit...begs the question why not opt for the APS TT kit.

Regards,
Z33Fairlady

·
Registered
498 Posts
Anyone know of these superchargers ? Quality ,reliability, etc ?
Pete :shiftdrive:
I know of that product name, they've been in and out of business about 5 times over the last 15 years. I'd recommend that you be very careful going that route as I've seen and heard of many horror stories over the years. :yikes:

Please be careful.

Peter

·
Registered
303 Posts
You'd be mad to go SC over TT when they are at the same price. Plus APS is a proven product.

15 grand for a SC is crazy imho. There is no reason for it to be that high unless they are doing engine work as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
agreed Zuffy, also a big worry if they are in and out of the business ,as Peter says, just that iv'e never seen them mentioned and thought it might be interesting to hear of anyones experiences with their product .

Will be in touch Peter I promise

·
Registered
498 Posts
agreed Zuffy, also a big worry if they are in and out of the business ,as Peter says, just that iv'e never seen them mentioned and thought it might be interesting to hear of anyones experiences with their product .

Will be in touch Peter I promise
No problem, when you're good and ready. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've used a Sprintex SC before. Worked fine but wasn't the highest quality unit I've come across. That was ~10 years ago now so no idea what they're like now. I'd be cautious based upon past experience however.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I phoned sprintex yesterday, Stephen said " we dont have a kit for the 350z but we can build one for you FROM 15k"
:OMG:
I didn;t take it any further. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The HKS Rotrex SC looks to be a much better piece of engineering if you want to go SC. I'm think'n about it.
For AUD$7700 + shipping + Customs and Import Duty + Installation you'd better hope its a good piece of engineering.

The fact that it uses a centrifugal supercharger, however, counts against its "good engineering" points (for reasons I covered here).

·
Registered
456 Posts
For AUD$7700 + shipping + Customs and Import Duty + Installation you'd better hope its a good piece of engineering.

The fact that it uses a centrifugal supercharger, however, counts against its "good engineering" points (for reasons I covered here).
I didn't say to was ideal. I don't think there is an ideal supercharger kit available for the Z however not withstanding your comments about SC vs Turbo in the other thread (of which I largely agree) I think it is still maginly a better solution than the Sprintex (more complete, more engineering effort in the design of the kit for the Z).

[rave] We all know that a Turbo is much more efficient (although not without its own issues). I read your post regards 'parasitic loss' and wondered why you had not mentioned the single most important reason why a Turbo charger is more efficient than a supercharger. The main reason is that a Turbo charger converts some of the unused potential energy which would be largely expelled in the form of heat into useful kenetic energy. Many people still seem to think that the turbine in a Turbo charger is driven only by the force of the expelled exhaust gas. If you hold an engine at a certain RPM but apply more load to the engine, the exhaust gas gets hotter and the turbine spins faster. So some of the otherwise lost heat is converted by the Turbo into useable energy by increasing the volumetric efficiency or the engine.[/rave]

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, if I was forced to choose between a Sprintex and a HKS Rotrax, I'd take the latter purely because it is a kit.

As tiptoncut posted earlier, Sprintex doesn't have a kit for the Z33 but they'll sort something out for you. So guess whose pride and joy is going to be used as the test mule?

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I spoke to Sprintex they gave me the impression they were ready to go.
Can't even get their story straight so I'll give them a miss
Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts