Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its not how one is better than another, i am planning on spraying next month, but then at the end of the year i am gonna move to fi and the price, reliablity, and power for me has been more in my favor for a supercharger....

the question is, what brand of spray should i use... and which supercharger is the best, i have herd alot on the vortech....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well both vendors fall under the KISS methodology.
I don't think you can go wrong, but you could prolly do better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i like vortech becasue it has been proven safe, and has been one of the most powerful systems out to this day...

i like nx because of my boy, who owns his own shop and also has a z has a twin bottle set up and it is nx and has not had one problem....

and also he will be getting the aps kit put in in the next month or so... i think he is gonna be the first person in fl with that kit!!! I will have pics...

ps: what is the kiss methodology?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I agree with the NX wet kit. Its what most everyone has been using on their Z's

·
Registered
18 Posts
why does he have twin bottles? ..... paul walker baby :p danger to passenger side floor pan, errr intake manifold

Anyhow, both forms of power adders mentioned are not "safe", but both can be used in a relaible manner. I went with NX b/c simply it was cheaper and there was only the extra strain on my engine when I wanted it there, not like a supercharger always dragging on my engine or boosting it .... to me for the $$ the N2O just seemed like a better idea for a while. Plus, its easier to remove and install if need be.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
how much N2O are people spraying? and what kind of 1/4 miles are you getting?

·
Registered
18 Posts
most do 75 or 100 whp shots.

Most with 100 shots are in the high 12s at the track.

Some guys down in Puerto Rico are running 12.0s on a 150 shot.

Mike Edens was running 11s on a two stage 175 shot or something like that.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My Vortech kicks A$$!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he just sprays alot, and the twin bottle set up sounds f&F's but it looks really tight... go and look at heliosperfomance.com its my friends shop and he has the white z!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Edelbrock has a complete Nitrous Oxide System for the 350Z. It was made, tuned, and dyno tested for the 350Z. Nothing is universal for our cars in this kit. Fits like a glove.

It has three settings and is completely safe if used properely. The highest jet made 350+ rwhp. If I was going to purchase a kit this would be the one. I am to scared to spray though, and I dont have the cash to spend if I break something.

As for as forced induction. It seems turbo is the safest for the 350Z's or as told to me by a reputable shop. They do complete greddy installs w/intercooler for 8000 out the door. They tell me that superchargers really ware on these cars and they think a daily driven 350z will start having problems after 6000 miles.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by fairladyz@Oct 19 2004, 01:04 PM

As for as forced induction.  It seems turbo is the safest for the 350Z's or as told to me by a reputable shop.  They do complete greddy installs w/intercooler for 8000 out the door.  They tell me that superchargers really ware on these cars and they think a daily driven 350z will start having problems after 6000 miles.

thats my problem, i drive my car way too much for it to start falling apart after 6k. thats why im leaning towards n2o because i wont be spraying that much

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm sure Julian's easily done 6k+ since he put in his ATI. Let's see what he has to say about it falling apart

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 19 2004, 12:26 PM
I'm sure Julian's easily done 6k+ since he put in his ATI.  Let's see what he has to say about it falling apart

Also what is his boost set at? What is the kit designed for, psi? Have you had any problems what so ever? What are your driving habbits? Most people only post good things and never anything negative, which kinda sucks sometimes. I am guilty of that myself. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts