Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have experience with the Eastwood two-part urethane protective coating that can be sprayed on to protect against chips? It is called "Armor Auto Sprayable Clear Protector" and includes two single-pint cans to mix together (said to cover up to 40 square feet). Costs $149.99. Might be a viable alternative to Clear Bra, but I don't trust catalog descriptions.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
probably a flexible clearcoat.. i wouldnt do it yourself unless you are comfortable painting a car..

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
very interesting.. anyone want to be the guinea pig? i wonder how deep a shine you can achieve with that stuff?

Definitely worth looking into since i am painting a new bumper soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping someone on this forum had actually used the stuff, but, obviously everyone else is also super cautious about new products. I think I'll check with a couple of high-class body shops and see what they think.

Yeah, toykilla, it is obvious (with less than 3,000 miles) that the front end of my Daytona Blue Zee will have to be repainted frequently to maintain showcar appearance. Maybe some trunk spatter paint would camouflage the stone chips? Nah, the concours judges probably would not appreciate the humor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts