Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Haven't read it yet. You should really go buy a subscription. How can you justify putting 6-8K into your car for FI if you can't spend 20 bucks on a magazine subscription?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by cedusett@Jul 21 2005, 11:27 AM
Haven't read it yet.  You should really go buy a subscription.  How can you justify putting 6-8K into your car for FI if you can't spend 20 bucks on a magazine subscription?
[snapback]135147[/snapback]​

:rolf2: good point there Chuck! :wavey:

It is a really great publication IMO

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by cedusett@Jul 21 2005, 09:27 AM
Haven't read it yet.  You should really go buy a subscription.  How can you justify putting 6-8K into your car for FI if you can't spend 20 bucks on a magazine subscription?
[snapback]135147[/snapback]​

when did i ever say i had FI? anyways, anyone have some numbers, pros and cons observed, etc....

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bought a subscription back when I had my Z32. Great mag for the 1 ya 1 issue they sent me. I tried to contact them but they never called me back. I sucked it up and subscribed again when I got my first 350 in 03. This time I received 0 issues. Them= my $40 me= 1 issue.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you contact them I'm sure they'd work it out for you. All I was saying by my original post is that this is a publication that makes it's money selling information. Telling you what their article said would be robbing them, and more importantly breaking the law. Get 20 bucks together and you can get that information plus a wealth of other information.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I got that issue. The article was a very good read. I learned a lot from it. It depends on what you want, and they do a good job spelling it out for you. I like the Greddy kit the best. But for my budget (which will coincide with me winning the lotto), the Turbonetics is the best deal for me. I don't want to build up my internals, plus I want a nice daily driver.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Okay, quick summary of the article:

Turbonetics
8psi
easy to install and service
1 year no hassle warranty
user friendly
354 ft lb torque @ 4100rpm
355 hp @ 6100 rpm

Power Enterprise
4.35 psi
needs a few mods with kit
most expensive kit
358 ft lb @ 3000rpm
328 hp @ 6000rpm

JWT
6.8psi
needs mods to kit
great parts
432 ft lb @ 4800rpm
432 hp @ 6200rpm

APS
8psi
few mods
complete kit
397 ft lb @ 4900rpm
415 hp @ 6000rpm

Greddy
5.5psi
few mods
394 ft lb @ 4600rpm
432 hp @ 6300rpm

Speed Force Racing
6.7 to 7 psi
few mods
potential to upgrade for major gains
custom kit
395 ft lb @ 3500rpm
402 hp @ 6300rpm

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SmoothZ, thanks for the response! i really appreciate the info. i have ordered the Turbonetics kit. i paid $4400 shipped. that is a great price! a buddy of mine with a pretty well modded Z plus vortech SC raced a stock Z with only the turbonetics kit and got beat pretty good. the kit seems like the way to go! for my purposes which are more show than anything the Turbonetics is a no brainer. once again thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
If I did it all over again, it would be a toss up. My first thought would be to do Vortech again since so many turbo motors pop. Though, if I did go TT, I think it would have to be the JWT kit. That seems to me to be the most complete overall package and it comes from a company that knows Zs.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Have most subscribers already gotten the next issue? I seem to be missing mine. Or is it out yet?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Have most subscribers already gotten the next issue? I seem to be missing mine. Or is it out yet?

According to publisher Bob's thread on ZChickz, it's in the mail. The USPS is slow as crap with magazines. Most months my Oprah mag is late, could have bought it off the shelves! Link: http://www.zchickz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2409

1 - 20 of 24 Posts