Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys heard of Sport Compact Pro? They are a sponsership company helping people get sponsered. I filled out the fourm and sent it in a month or 2 ago. And I guess i just found out i got a sponsership for $5,000 to $10,000 in parts. Not sure if it is for real. Hopfully one of you guys will be able to give me some more info? thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've heard other people talking about it. Don't know if it's legit or not.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Check the threads here on this one...We did have a thread a while back where the sponsorship was a 'scam'...

Luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i just called them cuzz i havent recived anything or was called, so i called them and they said i was aproved for the sponsership and basically i get to spend 12,000 on parts with over 300 major companys and they will cover 55% of the cost. Well sound to good to be true. we will see.

They have a add in Modified Mag so they should be for real. i have talked to them to so hope it all gose well.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the kicker is you have to pay their prices which are higher than what you pay elsewhere so the 55% gets lost real quick

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
do a search for sport compact pro sponsorship and see the thousands of different forums that pop up in the search, asking about "is it a scam" here is a perfect example:

BlownPony306
Don't mean to dig up an old topic but I had to post on this. I had signed up for the sponsorship and it's pretty much a scam. They aren't providing sponsorship. They are providing "discounted" parts. And the discount is really not anything. I just spoke to them today about a supercharger for my Mustang and their "discounted price" is 500 dollars more then what I can buy it from a distributor I work with. They say they are covering the difference between retail and their price which equals out to nothing. All they are is getting you a better then retail price. So in fact they aren't actually giving you anything. The fact they call it a sponsorship is a lie. If you want me to put your name on my car you are gonna have to give me more then crappy wholesale pricing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rex_ITRLSRTT
I just spoke to them today about a supercharger for my Mustang and their "discounted price" is 500 dollars more then what I can buy it from a distributor I work with. They say they are covering the difference between retail and their price which equals out to nothing.

I think it's a scam too! Last friday I called to speak to one of the guys in the parts department, but he was not yet and told me to call back. So I called back and I guess he is still not in. I ask the dude on the phone to give me a price on an AIR RIDE SUSPENSIONS. He told me it's going to be $2248 for the whole thing! Then I ask him, "What brand is it?" He told me "Its the TOP OF THE LINE STUFF!!" ask him to provide me a name but said he would have to look at it, but still said its the top of the line stuff. The answer was SO UNPROFESSIONAL!! And they carry only a small amount of products from different company products. Because I was trying to get some Velox rims for my ride but I guess he has not heard of them because he asked me where did I found it at? I'm going to try again and see how much I can really get from them, if they are ignoring me or not doing what they said then, I'm gonna find a way to get my money back!

wish us luck!
pt
you don't pay someone to sponsor you period.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Not sure if it is for real.
It is for real that they will take your money. It is for real they will make a profit. IMO you're better off developing a relationship with a reputable online vendor who you know is authorized to sell the aftermarket parts you want...just in case a problem comes up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well 79 bucks is not that big of a loss. and anyways if it save me a 1000 bucks here and a few hundred bucks there. than its not that bad saving some money is better than paying full price. only time will tell. were those other people hooked up with sport compact pro or some other company.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Dude you aren't going to save any money. They mandate what sites you can order off of and they charge MORE for the parts than legit dealers. Here is the link, I suggest you read the entire page and make your own decision, but it is VERY clear that it is a scam..........

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic279688.htm

So, is your car modded? Have you shown? Do you participate in events? A real sponsor is not going to sponsor someone w/ stock car who has no track record showing etc.

more stuff from that page

ITS A SCAM DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY!!! Like pony said, you can never get ahold of them, they always tell you to call back. I have had them as a sponsor for about 6-8 months and I have yet to recieve anything free or any good deals.

I called up a couple months back because I messed up the front part of my kit was going to order a new one. Number one the guy dissed the kit [the kit i have is hot www.cardomain.com/id/elixar, then couldnt even beat nopi.com prices how lame is that? Call again looking for rims and tires, once again had to play phone tag for about 3-4 weeks and when i finaly got to talk to somebody they had beyond horrible deals.

The $88 fee is for the dvd movie they send you, which is pretty shitty too. So pretty much you pay $88 for a dvd. Should I get my lawor involved?
Do you really think they need a lawyer to draw upa contract for EACH individual person? ... you make up one sponsorship agreement and change it as needed.

Do you really think that a company that can offer thousands of dollars worth of sponsorships needs $80?

Do you think Budweiser asked Kenny Bernstein for $80 for a sponsorship contract?
Do you think Diehard asked Dale Earnhardt for $80 for lawyer fees?

Companies sponsor race cars or show cars thar are out, that are getting attention so their product gets notice. What product is Sport Compact Pro ADVERTISING?? .... all they sell is $80 sponsorships.

It's lame. They take your $80 for you to buy into a "wholesale club" just like BJs or Sam's Club ... the difference is they do not give you wholesale prices.

It really irks me that they take advantage of people's emotions to grab their $80

I have a good 7-8 sponsors for my car and none of them have ever asked me for a dime.

This "deal" is no different than the sleazy photographers that convinve young girls they can be models if they only pay $400~$600 to have their portfolio shot by them.

/rant
They told me the same exact thing. I also live in NC and they told me a spot had recently become available and if I didn't pay the 80 bucks that it was going to go to someone else. That it also had to be put on some type of credit card. So fearing for my "sponsorship" I managed to convince a friend to let me use his buisness Visa card. Then when I FINALLY got the info in the mail w/the "special" DVD it was a list of only 5 websites that you're allowed to order from. Having a 2nd gen Cavalier, ALL of the sites are of no use to me since they only have parts for 3rd gen. Unless, of course, I were interested in more audio/video for my car, which I'm not. So I now look at it like this, it was $80 worth of experience that a sponsor doesn't need you to pay for your own sponsorship. They, supposedly, pay you. With or w/o my "sponsor" I'm still working on my car-it'll just take more time and money. And when I get into the show circuit, then maybe I'll get noticed by REAL sponsors.

As for the statement that someone got a body kit for free? Sounds funny to me. According to SCP you get DISCOUNTS on stuff which is why u can only order from certain sites b/c you still pay the price that is listed.
FocusOnDeez
I filled out the form but stopped short when they wanted me to give them 88 duckets. That is when the first red flag came up. I forgot all about it and went on with my life. Then today I got a call about 7 EST on my cell which is the number I left on the form. The guy on the other end was very unprofessional and proceeded to ask me if I remembered filling out the form. I was like sure (remembering the huge red flag). He proceeded to tell me I was approved for 10g's (for a split second I thought maybe these guys were legit) then after he finished telling me that I would get 10g's in discounts on parts from their affiliates. Then he said that I would have to roll with their vinyl on my ride, attend 4 shows a year... (dosen't sound so bad) Then he proceeded to try to get me to pick out the color sticker I wanted. When I pressed him on emailing me some pics of the selection or a link on their site that I could check out the colors he had no answer except... why dont I just send you the white and if you dont like it call me up and I will get you whatever color you want. (second red flag) Then he came at me with the lamest attempt to get the 88 bones... I asked if I could send it in with the contract, once I had a chance to review it. He said that the money was for legal fees to prepare the contract and then he went on to say later that the fee was refunded back to me with a tax deduction voucher (shuuuurrrrre, whatever man) I told him to call me back on friday when I get paid. Actually a stalling tactic, you see I got ripped off a few years ago and I tracked those F's down all the way to calli and got their local police investigating them. If you look up their (get sponsored . whatever)webhosting server it is located in Amsterdam (third red flag... offshore hosting so it is harder to trace)
OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB
by the way the phone number they called me from 3028923356
comes up as a verizon wireless number in Wilmington, DE on a reverse phone number lookup. So I would say it is most definately a scam and if you are being ripped off or have been ripped off file a complaint with the attorney general for that state and file a complaint with the FBI's online fraud website... but do whatcha like
Sorry man but it's not legit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sport Compact Pro Terms & Conditions

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the SportCompactPro.com. Sport Compact Pro is hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our.”

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. By using our Site, you signify your agreement to these terms of use. If you do not agree to these terms of use, you may not use this Site or the services or products offered herein. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, TO CHANGE, MODIFIY, ADD, OR DELETE PORTIONS OF THESE TERMS OF USE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ANY NOTICE TO YOU. Please read this Agreement each and every time that you use our Site and on a regular and frequent basis while you are enjoying your sponsorship if granted one.

terms go on and on, but notice in bold what was said.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good thing i have not signed the contract that comes in the mail yet. and i will be changing my account number. New account.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:F-you: :banghead: :punch: :xZ!o: :F-you: :banghead: :punch: :xZ!o: :F-you: :banghead: :punch: :xZ!o: GGRRRRRRRR.........!!!!!!!!! people these days and im the ideot to fill it out and do the **** thing. :doh:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
:F-you: :banghead: :punch: :xZ!o: :F-you: :banghead: :punch: :xZ!o: :F-you: :banghead: :punch: :xZ!o: GGRRRRRRRR.........!!!!!!!!! people these days and im the ideot to fill it out and do the **** thing. :doh:

Don't break your leg tryin to kick yourself in the @ss...wouldn't be a scam if it didn't work on somebody sometimes...At least you asked & found out before getting hosed on $$$ in parts.

:wavey:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts