Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Beware if you buy a Nismo spoiler to replace the stock spoiler as the US Nismo version will not cover up two holes left by the stock spoiler but the Japanese version does, of which most available are copies and fiberglass.
wasnt aware of that..

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
wasnt aware of that..
And I don't understand why they did it that way unless it makes it easy for install on the roadster as well.

But when you look at them the base of the US version is almost straight while the Jspec one curves slightly matching the slight corve of the hatch.

We have on in the shop getting an APS TT installed with just that condition, I will try to take pics of it tomorrow.

I also don lile th etips they look fatter than the jspec and they don't go forward enough close to the body either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So where can I find the Japanese version that DOES cover the holes? I went to the nissan dealership near me, they wanted $420 for the spoiler, then they refered me to a body shop. I didn't order it yet. I called the body shop and asked about the holes not being covered and they said they've never removed and OEM and installed a nismo replica. Anyone know of someone with experience with this in the SF bay area?

·
Registered
655 Posts
i prefer the new nismo s-tune spoiler
Oh baby. Indeed. Absolutely love that. :irock:

Although it's ridiculously priced. :headshake:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can someone post a pic of the S-tune spoiler? I searched google and it just looks like the spoiler I keep refering to as the nismo spoiler. I was probably refering to the R-tune version? Can anyone chime in with the difference?

Also, I've contacted some people selling them on ebay and everyone just claims "yea yea yea it'll cover the factory holes" but I'm concerned because obviously westpak has had issues with it...thoughts?

G

·
Version 2...........I would suspect that if you called someone that sold it they could tell you if it covers the holes

·
Registered
190 Posts
How can you identify the JDM vs. the US version by just looking at the spoiler? I have a Nismo spoiler (not installed) that is still in the box. It actually looks a little different than the one you show. I don't remember mine having the ribs on the piece that mounts to the hatch. Mine is smooth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts