Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running one of these caps in their system set-up? I'm really just trying to understand if there is any true difference in functionality between the two. I figure a capacitor is a capacitor, but see the SPL online for ~1/2 the price of the MA!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me, I'd like to save every cent I can, but am looking to run three amps in a set-up, 2 for the sub and 1 for the F/R speakers. ...Which brings me to my next question actually, "Do you guys have any suggestions on how I should go about wiring w/this?" I want to run 2awg power to a distribution block, split into three different powers (I guess still 2awg) to each amp. I heard grounding should be done in the same location if possible for all amps, and figure I should stick w/the same gauge wire? Anyways, I got that far, but don't know how to connect the two amps to the sub, or if I need some kind of relay since I'm running all these amps and maybe the head unit might not be able to power them all. Anyways, my set-up is something like this: 2 Alpine MRD-M301 amps to power the sub, 1 Apline MRV-F540 for the front/rear speakers and an Alpine CDA-9833 head unit. Can anyone give a recommendation on a nice 10" sub that will get me the most of the 2 amps and also, if I might ask again, "Is the SPL is any different than the MA cap?" Appreciate the input, thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm running 1200 watts rms using 6 Xtant amps, no cap and stock battery. My lights don't even dim. Ahsmo over at 350zmotoring.com is running a lot more than I am on the stock battery without a cap also. If everything is done correctly, you shouldn't need a cap.

I'll post more later, gotta go.

·
Registered
315 Posts
two 2awg to a dist block.

For that amp, you can run 2 JLw3v2. either an under the strut enclosure or jl stealthbox. PM dave079, I think he offeres his services and could build an enclosure.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I opted for the 1 10" enclosure actually, just got it in the mail today. So how to connect to the sub again? Distribution block? So do I need 2, one for the power wire splitting up in three, to the amps, and 1 for the amp outputs coming together into 1, to the sub? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts