Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes someone has actually done this to their Z. I found it posted on the other board in case someone hasnt seen it there yet. I thought I was going to puke when I saw it. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DiRN@Jun 2 2004, 07:57 PM
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and he paid like $1700 each for them

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Wait, this $1700/wheel thing just hit me. Did he wake up one day and go "Let's see, I could get a TT kit and speed up my car... or I could get spinners and slow it down and make it ugly at the same time"? Some one please explain to me why he would do this.</span>

·
Registered
806 Posts
Don't forget the guy said each rim weighs 75lbs (I think he implies that's without the tires)! He might as wheel be driving an SUV with stock rims...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Obviously, this guy is retarded in the car sense. I can't imagine anyone buying a sportscar only to slow it down and make it uglier. Then again, he could be a dope dealer...perhaps someone will do us a favor and rid this world of such atrocities.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
that's a crime against nature an all things automotive.

so is this . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by NismoKid@Jun 2 2004, 09:15 PM
Don't forget the guy said each rim weighs 75lbs (I think he implies that's without the tires)!  He might as wheel be driving an SUV with stock rims...

Yeah I saw that posted too. That is over 3 times what a decent pair of lighter rims weighs. I mean WTF?! Why the **** buy a sports car if you are going to slow it down to the speed of a snail because of insanely heavy rims?! Not to mention some of the ugliest spinners I have ever seen. I am going to blame MTV and their whole lets make the whole world ghetto "bling bling" attitude and everybody accept it because its the politically correct thing to do.
I agree with Dirn. We should find this poor Z and give it a new home. Poor little thing.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
3 times weight? try 5 times. My Nismo 18" 5-spoke forged alloys weigh 16 lbs. each. And they cost $1800 for a set of 4. Slightly more than ONE of those automotive atrocities.

Spinnahs indeed -- FOOL

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just thought about how much he is burning up his brakes with those rims. Larger diameter + more weight = a lot more rotational mass so he'll need new brakes sooner than he thinks!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've seen spinners on a Z before this. It was back in the early days of the 350z. Some guy in a redline had them. Not only did he waste a ton of money, and add a ton of weight, but his car was Track, so he got rid of some gorgeous rays wheels, and now you can't even see his brembos!

I don't remember what the actual numbers are, but I think you lose 1 HP for every 10 extra pounds (correct me if I'm wrong). That means that he's added just about 250 pounds of filth, losing about 25 HP. For that money he could have put in the greddy TT kit, and ADDED about 100 HP.

I know trying to be bling bling was probably his mindset here, but I'd be laughing my ass off as I dropped him off a line like I was racing a yugo.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Why the **** would you spend $35000 on a track model if your just going to put spinners on it anyway?

G*D ****, PEOPLE F**KING SUCK!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I happen to agree with just about all posts in this thread but, you folks are a real tough crowd :-?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts