Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on a link on ricecop.com. Some of you may be very interested in this. I've stopped driving so fast cuz of all the tickets I used to get. My record is clean now (sort of, have an accident on there) and I can't afford the insurance if skyrockets again from more tickets. Anyway, check it out, it's pretty cool.

SpeedTrap.org

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That could be pretty useful. Especially when driving in unfamiliar territory. Thanks for the link

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, they were pretty good in my area too. Although for some places they just give a highway and say anywhere anytime of day. (But that is pretty true. Haha.)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
This is just one of the excellent services that the National Motorists Assn. offers to driving enthusiasts like us. I have been a member for 20 years. They helped repeal the national 55 mph speed limit 8 years ago. Please join the NMA. It costs $35 per year, you get a really cool quarterly newsletter, and you can borrow a whole library of books on fighting traffic tickets for free, if you ever need it. They even have a program that will pay your fine if you fight a traffic ticket in court and lose.

Go to www.motorists.org to sign up or for more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you look at the Mt. Laurel, NJ entry, it ia accurate. I used to sit there, but never ran radar. I would sit there and do paperwork ( there is a ton of it in the cop business). It was a good spot, because it is far enough off the road that no one would interrupt you while you were getting work done.

My favorite enforcement spot was parked at the Texaco station on Rt.38 and Marter Ave. The white police car is camouflaged nicely aginst the red and white Texaco colors. Never ran radar there either, but wrote more red traffic signal violation tickets than you can swing a dead cat at.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh btw, cops do go to the radar trap sites to see if there favorite spots are listed. If they are they may continue to use the spot, but will also randomly move up or down the road a few hundred yards.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[/quote]
I love having cops on the boards. Especially one who is willing to discuss the business. I don't mind cops hunting for speeders and trying to be sly. If I get caught speeding, I am polite and pay my fine. Just the way it goes. However, I will do everything in my power to void getting nailed, legally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts