Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Jul/Aug issue of Speed Magazine ( www.spdmag.com from Road and Track ) has a Stillen SC, JWT TT, Greddy TT, Vortech SC, and a stock Z for comparison.

The tests seem pretty well executed and give a nice summary of what each car excels in. I was impressed with the writing style and liked the breakdowns for each category. They tested 0-60, 1/4mile, skidpad, slalom, braking, wheel dyno and lap times at the streets of Willow.

Chris

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure how you can compare the two exactly, other than they are both written about blown cars, there is not much similarity.

Sport Zs article consisted of only Turbos, each had it's own parts roll call, install brief, a subjective driving test and a separate dyno illustration so comparisons are difficult.

The Speed article had both SC (roots and centrifugal) and Turbo, they went into detail about how the cars tested and felt and produced numbers for it. They had an overlapping dyno chart that so you could see where each kit developed it's power relative to stock and the other systems. They also tested brake and suspension setups and gave both data and subjective information about them.

I don't know about you but install time is less of an issue than what the car can do when it is done. I am not modding my car for the sake of having a parts roll call either, I am modding my Z to make it a better all around car for what I do with it.

Speed gave me information I could use, Sport Z just gave me information I could have gotten from the manufactures.

Chris

·
Registered
470 Posts
does anybody have a link where they compare all the superchargers and turbos?

·
Registered
470 Posts
got my copy today lol realy good vortech had the best times

1 - 5 of 5 Posts