Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me the correct dimensions of the front and rear speakers in the Z? i would like to add component speakers. where is the best place to put them? front or rear?

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
6.5 front and rear.. fronts are components with a separate tweeter.. dont worry about the rears, waste of money to do anything with them. I just cut my rear wires so they dont play

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used to have an integra, and it uses 6.5s in the front. I still have the alpine type-s speakers from it. Its a 2 way. would it work for the Z?

·
Registered
506 Posts
[/quote]
Josh, I've noticed the same thing since I put in my Kenwood... does it have something to do with that or what? I'd be nice to have some sound coming from behind you, but I am lost as to why I do not.

Anyone else have these problems?

Chris

·
5,437 Posts
There is sound comin from the rears, but not much. I think this is cause of their close proximity to your ears, that nissan chose to turn down the maximum volume on them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Feb 28 2005, 07:04 PM
There is sound comin from the rears, but not much.  I think this is cause of their close proximity to your ears, that nissan chose to turn down the maximum volume on them.
[snapback]78102[/snapback]​

If you replaced the headunit would this correct the problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Fletch350z+Aug 17 2005, 02:39 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Feb 28 2005, 07:04 PM
There is sound comin from the rears, but not much. I think this is cause of their close proximity to your ears, that nissan chose to turn down the maximum volume on them.
[snapback]78102[/snapback]​

If you replaced the headunit would this correct the problem?
[snapback]146573[/snapback]​

I just replaced my head unit and 2 front speakers this weekend. Didn't touch the back ones yet. The volume is way down on the back ones, so no, replacing the HU won't fix the issue. I'll replace the back ones and post again in a few days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put back speakers in yesterday, and most definitely there is great sound coming from them. It is well worth it to replace them. I now have full sound throughout the interior. I almost didn't do it after reading here that it was not worth it, but now I very glad I did. Sounds much better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
putting speakers in the back makes a big difference! i recently put some infinity kappa 62.11i in my Z and oh boy there is a difference. I actually bought an extra pair to put in the front they are coming on monday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts