Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some MB Quart 5 ¼ two ways and 6 ½ three ways that I want to install. I got the speakers way before I had the Z. well I want to go ahead and use them. Anyone know about some pods that will fit these before I consult a custom shop? I mounted the 6 ½ in the rear with a bracket holding the tweeter in front of them. Time to install the fronts.

Anybody?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
You would be better off going with 6.5" up front.. The cuttout is very large for the front speakers.

Anyway you look at it, you will be making custom brackets. The way I made mine, was to cut the speaker cone out of the factory speaker. I use the outer plastic ring as my new speaker bracket. This does destroy the factory speaker, but I didnt really care, as it provides a near perfect way to mount the new speakers,and looks factory.

I will take some pictures if you need me too..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iwould. But I have a 3-way system I would like to install. The 6 1/2 with the tweeter would not have any midrange in it at all. I rather install them instead of boying some more speakers.

Monsta

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
cool. well everyone has opinions, i just offered mine.. i hope my idea about using the factory speaker as a bracket made since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts