Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a silly question about the spare tire. I've never even seen it yet. If you put in on the Z will the stock wheel even fit in the trunk? If not, what's the use of having the spare? Plus, I have a sub back there so there goes any chance of putting the flat tire in the back. Let me know how you guys/gals handle flat tires.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I hear its only useful when you get a flat.. which will also be the day you remove it because you think it isn't useful. :lol:

Maybe a can of fix a flat could be a nice alternative?

·
Registered
790 Posts
LOL

why would you not need it? if you are racing it you could take it out but daily driving it kind of sucks to have to "go home" and get your spare. Fix a flot is a pain - you have to make sure that you remove the tire form the wheel to have it all removed from inside

~Z~

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Yeah, you can't balance a wheel that has fix a flat in it. It will vibrate like **** while your driving. Only use FAF to get you to a tire repair place.

And dont forget to tell the guys theres fix a flat in the tire, that **** is gross and it gets everywhere if your not expecting it..

-Steve (has gotten the fix-a-flat facial once or twice while workin at Pep Boys)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I blew my rear driver side tire on my Z a few years ago....the stock tire "sort of" fits in the back....but with a sub, IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Best advice.......do not get a flat! HAHAHA

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
has anyone used the spare while they had 19s on? the spare's 16, so im not sure how well that would work.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by onii@Jul 6 2005, 08:15 AM
has anyone used the spare while they had 19s on? the spare's 16, so im not sure how well that would work.
[snapback]127323[/snapback]​

Yes, i have used the spare while on 19's.. it sucks, but its my only car at the moment and nobody has 19's in stock when i need them.

Also i am using fix-a-flat currently because i bent one of my volks and it was leaking air..

i know i know... ghetto style!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Also of note, the one time I needed the spare, there was a 9 inch nail through my tire ( seriously it was a 9 inch nail ) It went in the bottom and out the side of the tire. No way fix-a-flat would have helped at that time.

You just never know what may be in the road ahead. It may be a tire tread, a nine inch nail, or a deer. I have hit all of them.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i was thinking of this the other day, and in order for me to get my aftermarket rim off i must have a set of tools in my car, which i dont. the spare tire is useless to me then.

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jul 6 2005, 08:57 AM
It may be a tire tread, a nine inch nail, or a deer. I have hit all of them.
[snapback]127348[/snapback]​

lol...it sounds as if you lived either in a junkyard or in the woods, camped out with your Z.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Jul 6 2005, 09:07 AM
i was thinking of this the other day, and in order for me to get my aftermarket rim off i must have a set of tools in my car, which i dont.  the spare tire is useless to me then.
[snapback]127349[/snapback]​

+1. I need to get some tools and the tire back in my car....but I probably won't. I have roadside assistance so if the time comes, I'll call them to tow me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh boy. looks like it's going to be tough once I get aftermarket wheels. I"ll have to be really really nice to my buddies or bribe them with a couple drinks if they have to come help me. Thanks for all the replies!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I saw a Boxster driving on a donut tonight. It was pretty funny. It reminded me of this thread

·
Registered
470 Posts
i get my car towed my tool for taking the wheel of doesnt fit with the volks so i need to get it towed!! lol and since i just bought the 14.1 stoptech big brake kit i need a 18 wheel minimum as a spare so i think no spares for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea, just yesterday I got a flat and was quick to learn if ever go on a trip I'll need to allow enough room or in other words leave my luggage at home so I have enough room for the flat. But then I had a vision of leaving the little lady on the side of the road with her luggage and the flat in the car as I roared off at 100+ MPH without that nagging sound in my ear that sounds like, "SLOW DOWN,"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts