Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posting this for chris at SP so please direct all your questions towards him!

Thought everyone may like to see some of the other things we're doing at SP. We love the Supra
but we're also doing a lot of VQ stuff. Below is our shop 350ztt project.

We have worked with AEM to build an EMS for the 350Z. AEM will not be offering a EMS box for the 350 anytime soon, so we have built one using an AEM box from another car and making a harness, modifying the box itself, and providing all the necessary componets to be a true plug and play for the Z.

Our shop car will first see what we can put down on the stock motor
and maybe run it at the track. Waiting in the wing now is a fully built, sleeved, 3.5vq that can handle over 1200+hp.

The turbo kit on our car is more of a race app with this intercooler but we'll be offering a street intercooler in a bit. The kit will be capable of approx 800-900rwhp with the current custom turbo's we're using. Bigger ones will come later with a stroked motor.

on to some pics
Front mount intercooler is HUGE!!!!
It's as big as the one on our race supra. Just have to weld on the end tanks

[attachment=22144:sp350zfmic.jpg]
[attachment=22145:sp350zfmic2.jpg]

Just some parts to the turbo kit and motor build
[attachment=22146:SP350zttkit1.jpg]
[attachment=22147:spttkit1.jpg]
[attachment=22148:spttkit4.jpg]

TIGHT fit! We'll be making the downpipes next weeek, and then removing the motor so we can move on to the intake piping and intercooler piping, water and oil lines.

We will be running Charlies (CJ Motorsports) Fuel system on our setup with 1000cc injectors.
We're also making our own custom exhaust for proper flow and simply put, we don't like any of the aftermarket ones out there for this kind of power.

Hope you guys like.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some videos

<param name="movie" value="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=2385&autoStart=false"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=2385&autoStart=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="330"></embed>

<param name="movie" value="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=2386&autoStart=false"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=2386&autoStart=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="330"></embed>

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Man I want that. Just wish I could afford it.

Just more proof that black is the fastest color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All, the kit is currently in production. I have 2 kits being built right now for pre-buys, and will be making them to have in stock at all time!

We now can offer turbo's capable of 625hp each, so now 1100+hp! Take that supra guys, and we have the extra displacement ;)

Chris

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
All, the kit is currently in production. I have 2 kits being built right now for pre-buys, and will be making them to have in stock at all time!

We now can offer turbo's capable of 625hp each, so now 1100+hp! Take that supra guys, and we have the extra displacement ;)

Chris
That is great news. That kit looks like a beast. I am assuming you are marketing this kit to customers who plan on building the block up? Any plans for a 400-450whp capable kit for people not wanting to go into the engine?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Dear baby Jesus....

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is great news. That kit looks like a beast. I am assuming you are marketing this kit to customers who plan on building the block up? Any plans for a 400-450whp capable kit for people not wanting to go into the engine?
Well, the best thing about our kit is that you can choose a TON of different turbo options. If you want big power, or if you want modest power in the 400+ rwhp area, and then when you're ready to build the motor, yank the motor out, turbo kit, and put on some bigger turbos and turn up the boost!

Dear baby Jesus....
HAHAHAHAH, that made my day :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow. I really like the turbo placement alot. Nice job, guys. I just want to get my hands on a set of manifolds, I can take it from there.

jb

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Well, the best thing about our kit is that you can choose a TON of different turbo options. If you want big power, or if you want modest power in the 400+ rwhp area, and then when you're ready to build the motor, yank the motor out, turbo kit, and put on some bigger turbos and turn up the boost!
That sounds friggin awesome Chris.

I'm sure this has been asked before; what sized Turbos is the current kit running? GT35's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sounds friggin awesome Chris.

I'm sure this has been asked before; what sized Turbos is the current kit running? GT35's?
These are somewhat of a hybrid garrett/precision turbo we've worked with them on. The are a tick larger than a 35r.

Right now we can do 58mm, 61mm, and shortly 67mm twins on our kit (NO other kit can do that)

Here is also an image of optional SP Race Manifolds for an additional $1000 for big power seekers

If anyone has any questions just let me know

Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
****. That inter cooler looks like something the bad guys would be smuggling on 24! That thing is hideous! (in a good way)

Oh, if not for the money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts