Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do a new amp/speaker/sub install in my Z.

I was also considering putting some sound deadening material in the car.

Is it worthwhile?

What are the best places to put the material?

What are the better/more economical types of deadener?

I think Dynamat is too expensive.

I've considered Second Skin, Fatmat, and the bQuiet stuff.

thanks!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Actually toykilla installed his and used dynamat, and boosted is doing his install as we speak, so besure to ask them. Im sure they will be responding to this thread soon!! i personally would go with dynamat, i got great results with it in my old car. As far as being expensive it depends on how much of the car you would want to use dynamat on.
-jay

·
Registered
79 Posts
dynamat is probably the best thing you can do to a car to improve sound. It makes a world of difference. Personally i havent used any other brand other than dynamat, Dynamat extreme that is. But from what i heard from other people, the other company's stuff is about as good as Dynamat's normal stuff and Dynamat extreme is one step above that.

·
Registered
538 Posts
BoostTed,

On your other post, I noticed you only showed the dynomat in the rear of the car. Did you use it in the doors also?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by gdojr@Jan 27 2004, 09:23 PM
BoostTed,

On your other post, I noticed you only showed the dynomat in the rear of the car. Did you use it in the doors also?

we havnet gotten to the doors yet. But yes there will eventually by dynamat there as well. The fronts will have kickpanels made as well.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hello all! Found this forum following a link from 350z.motoring. I posted this on that board ... but said to myself .. "Self .. why not?".

The different Sound Deadeners keep being mentioned and references to a Gutter Repair material came up. I went by Lowe's this afternoon and picked up a roll of 'Peel & Stick'. I made a chart showing comparisons between the various brands .. and the Gutter Repair. Comments?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Anyone know if the spray on is good for rattling or just for road noise? I hear it's better for just road noise and Dynamat is best for rattling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts