Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 03 enthusiast (6mt). I noticed that on a cold start, it sounds like something clunks against the floorpan. Not a loud clunk, but I am at a loss at what it could be, how to check for it, and how to fix it. My guesses would be it's the tranny or the driveshaft.

Would this be a bad motor mount? Tranny mount?

Because also there are a lot of vibrations coming from the engine. It just seems to have a rough feel to it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Is it just one clunk? Does it happen within a few seconds of the engine turning over? If you had to pinpoint it, can you try and say what section of the car you think it is coming from(front, middle, back...left, right, center, etc.). Do you have the E-brake engaged and could it be when you start to move forward that your brake pads release? Maybe if you can give us more detailed info we can help you out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's one clunk, right as soon as the engien kicks off. EBrake is engaged. Definitely not brake pads. I'd say it's coming right from undereath the console, but it's hard to tell.

I'll be changing the oil soon, so I'll check underneath then. I was just trying to get a feel for what I'll be looking for.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts