Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:F-you:

I am very angry today after some dickhead (truck) swiped the front of my car and drove off. I have a front bumper cracked in 3 places now and no one to claim the insurance against! There goes my Rating 1!!!!!! Not happy. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
That's terrible man! I'm really sorry for your loss :headshake:

I know it's not going to be cheap to replace, but you'd still probably be better off not claiming it. :banghead:

That sucks!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about the insurance. If it is only your front bumper that needs replacing and painting then you should get out of it for much less than a grand. The front bumper is only $400-$450 to buy.

Bad luck anyway.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
iggy:

Sorry to hear that man..... there are a lot of these kind people around already... you gotta park your car carefully... even a lot of people would damage cars intentionally...

I will buy a bumper myself though.... will not go through the insurance to lose my rating 1 and get to pay more next year again...

best of luck...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
oh man i know how u feel

TPIACE remembers his first ding thread

get some quotes from a repair shop, then weigh it up against ur excess. My bonnet alone cost $900 to repair and respray, i doubt a bumper can only cost $450, but u never know

could be a good opportunity to shave the badge if ur not a hamburger man

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Sorry to hear it Iggy :( I felt sorry for you too, when someone hit me as well.

Need some bodykit that Functional for the Track day Iggy? :D

I got all the magazine full of Bodykit if you want to have a look :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by db350z@Jul 20 2005, 07:30 PM
Sorry to hear it Iggy :( I felt sorry for you too, when someone hit me as well.

Need some bodykit that Functional for the Track day Iggy? :D

I got all the magazine full of Bodykit if you want to have a look :)
[snapback]134302[/snapback]​

Yeah you've shown me that mag at DECA! :) How much are they all tho? I alwasy thought bumper would be 1000+ or something?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeh! Some people just have no consience.

If you're going to fix this from your own pocket it'll be worth getting a new body kit. You'll feel all the better for it imho!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
iggy:

Full after market bumper will be a lot more expensive than the stock piece (is always around 1K mark or more), plus the additional shipping cost due to its dimensional weight (around 96kg on my nismo front bumper), you are expecting to pay around 700+ just for the air freight... That's why many people go for the lip kit instead of full bumper replacement.

If you decide to go for the OEM front bumper, a Vertex half kit will look fully sick on your car though.... will definitely stand out with the colour that you have got there and no fitment problem!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Originally posted by Z350Lover@Jul 20 2005, 06:35 PM
iggy:

Full after market bumper will be a lot more expensive than the stock piece (is always around 1K mark or more), plus the additional shipping cost due to its dimensional weight (around 96kg on my nismo front bumper), you are expecting to pay around 700+ just for the air freight... That's why many people go for the lip kit instead of full bumper replacement.

If you decide to go for the OEM front bumper, a Vertex half kit will look fully sick on your car though.... will definitely stand out with the colour that you have got there and no fitment problem!

cheers,

richie
[snapback]134857[/snapback]​

+1 but a full Vertex is Even better :)

well there is an ings+1 N-spec if you interested from Japan made in FRP. :)

Cheers
Yun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts