Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well there seems to be some crackling noise in the passenger door it sounds like. i would say that it must be the speakers not being properly grounded. but it only happens when it's cool/cold and when i go around 40+mph. i took it to performance nissan and they told me it was a loose panel...they tightened every bolt but the sound is back. it can get really loud sometimes and quite annoying. does anyone have a solution or probably a fix to this problem?

·
Registered
790 Posts
what year is your car. I dont know about any issues with speaker and gorunding but Nissan did redesign some of the clips that hold the door panel on. They now have a foam pad that goes between the clip and the panel. This is because from what I have been told that the 03 and early 04 had "door squeeking" issues?

I dont know if this will help at all but it is the only thing that I have heard.

~Z~

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Trade her in for a new one!

Seriously though, it sounds like either is something loose, or there something stuck in between there.

Maybe excessive shaking during higher speeds (40MPH) causes wires to touch more aggressively and therefore increase the noise volume.

I don't know just brainstorming here for ya.

Are you sure it does not have anything to do with the window? Have you tried driving with it up and down to see if that alters the noise at all?

·
Registered
790 Posts
dont worry about it - my ac vent whistles for me when it is closed!

You just have to sing aong otherwise it will piss you off!

~Z~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone know how i can dismantle the passenger door so i can take a look at the speaker?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts