Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this common? I leave some paper type inside there over night or for a while and it leaves a stain light residue like its wet or something. It's not wet but leaves a grease like stain upon the paper material.

For instance paper I leave in their becomes darker on some spots ad I left a cardbox white box and the surrounding sides on the box had the same grease like residue.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's strange. I bet if you take out that compartment and clean it really well with a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and water, then let it air dry for a few days, it might get rid of that problem.

Oh, and I fixed your title.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's strange. I bet if you take out that compartment and clean it really well with a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and water, then let it air dry for a few days, it might get rid of that problem.

Oh, and I fixed your title.
Thanks.

I'll try that. I'll try and get a pic of what I'm talking about. It may be nothing but idk what would cause it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Right below both the sub woofer and the glove box behind the passenger side of the Z are the gas tank / level indicators (floats). There are about 6 bolts around a ring that holds each in place with a rubber gasket between the ring and the tank. The one behind the passenger seat is easy to get to by removing the glove box. I would check to be sure you don't have a very small gas leak. The next question is, do you smell anything after a spirited drive with your car? Just some thoughts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts