Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going out to the track Wed. night and am going to race. (This time for real) If anyone has any pointers or could tell me what I should be able to achieve with stock (no mods) 6MT. Such things as the govenor rpm shut off, rpm shift times, VDC on or off. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

I have raced before at the track, but need refresher.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">VDC off! And I don't know about the MTs, but the sh!tty-matics kill the throttle at 6900. I can tell you from experience, that's not fun. Haha

</span>

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's about 7 hrs from the tree. VDC off. Burned off gas to 1/2 tank last night. Going to stop at house and empty my stuff from the hatch (Yes, I'm a girl and I live in my car). Just need to secure a helmet and I'll be ready to roll. I'm very excited. Hopefully I can find someone capable of operating my digital camera. I really would like some pics to post tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Not that it'll help a lot, maybe 1/10 of a second, but you might want to think about taking out your spare at the tool set

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
While you're at it, why not run it down to 1/4 tank? Mine seems to run the best around 1/4 tank. Less wight, but it's still not straining for fuel.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
BTW - I've never raced, that's just what it seems like when I'm driving around town.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
!/4 tank or less of gas...VCD OFF!! Drop the rear tire pressure to about 24-26 lbs, pull tghe brake light fuse which will allow you to do a brake stand burnout..Get some white smoke to heat the tires up..When your staged I like to keep the E-brake on a bit so I dont roll to a red light..Rev to about 2000-2500 rpms and slip the clutch a bit off the tree and mash the gas as the last yellow lights up...Good luck you should easily run a 14.4-13.9

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Everyone. I was not able to get to the track on time to register to run. I had to make an appearance at dinner with the Boss and his daughter/family. There was a LS from Louisiana that ran 14.7. The first time I've seen a Z at the track. Could not catch up with him but did give him a thumbs up while he was waiting his turn. Next week watch out. I will practice some this week.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Hey Toni. We are going out to No Problem Raceway in a couple weeks and you can come with us out there too if ya want. Its a much nicer track than in Gulfport and they dont require you to wear a helmet if your not running below 12.
I agree with Daking. I had my best runs with around a 2k launch by slipping the clutch at the last yellow and mash it at almost the same time. Hit the accelerator when the 3rd yellow hits.
Just call me up if you need any more help. Will see you at the meet in a few days!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i did not do so well.

First run was 15.24, smoked them at the light.

Second run was 15.02, smoked them again.

Don't even ask about how long my nap was.

Pics on Thursday. Time for bed, that was soooooooo much fun.

I'm exhausted, almost better than sex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts