Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got bored today while I was leaving the store and figured I'd snap some up to date pics of my Z. Nothing like sweating while taking pictures of a car! Its too darn hot here in the Northeast... Comments or criticism welcome. I have a black diamond grille-tech grill on the way, as well as leatherseats.com seats (dark graphite leather, black suede centers). More pics in a few weeks once I get those things installed.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Lookin very good man, but paint those center caps. I know its a bitch to take them off, but they contrast way too much.. its distracting. Nice ride tho!

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
grille-tech grills suck. i had one on for about a week before i saw "screw this" and pulled it off. i gave it to buff for free. :)

otherwise....the car looks good.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Car looks great, man!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Car looks nice, I agee though, paint the center caps.

I have a grille tech and love the way it looks on my PPW. the only thing i don't like about it is that you mount it with tie wraps.

where in PA are you?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm from about 20 minutes north of Harrisburg. Currently I'm working out of town Mon-Fri in state college, pa, so if anyone is around there let me know. Would be cool to chill out with some other Zs. I know I've seen a TT/Supercharged blue Z up there before (I saw the intercooler).

As far as the center caps, I will get on that. I've been putting it off and actually some people I've talked to say they like them, but I'll try black and if its not cool I'll just pick up the silver Z center caps.

I got the Black Grille-tech in diamond, so we'll see how it looks. I'm not too worried about it b/c I bought it with an American Express gift card I was given, so its not really 70$ out of my pocket. The street scene grill from courtesy is my favorite and I've seen it powdered black on my friends Red Z, but I didnt want to have to go through the hassle of coating the street scene. Not to mention its twice as much. If I don't like it I'll go back to the regular stock black grill. I like it... :)

Future plans other than the seats and grill probably wont happen until next spring, but I'm going to get the nismo sides and paint the entire car b/c the nissan paint sucks. And eventually SC it as well. We'll see... it rolls pretty sweet for what it is already. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its too darn hot here in the Northeast... Comments or criticism welcome

LOL come live in Las Vegas...now this is hot. We're a tad below normal thoug (5-10 degrees) which makes it much nicer. No 110+s yet.

I used to live north of you in NY state (middle of it) and never found it to be that hot. The winters are the reason I moved out of there.

Not a big fan of dark rims, but the car is nice, specially the dash!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it was 104 in PA today where I was...

As far as the dark rims its either love it or hate it. Most would like them better with a polished lip which is why I may be getting new ones shortly... Looking into the ADR M-Sport in black w/ polished lip. If you check the wheels section for a post my kumdo you will find pics of them on a silver coupe... :)

Keep that record going... specifically v. the 8s... :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOVE the avatar too man. Definitely my favorite movie...

When I make my way to Vegas I'll have to get in touch with you...

I'm always playing at A.C. lately and plan on doing Vegas by year end or next spring.

·
Registered
151 Posts
125 in Iraqi so I don't wanna here it! :banghead: Car looks nice! Is that lip CF how much did that set you back and where did you get it? I've been looking for a CF lip for my PPW.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yikes. Well thanks for serving for us in any case man...

The lip is the Veilside V1 Lip in Carbon Fiber. Brand new it goes for around 450, but I picked mine up (luckily) off ebay for around 1/2 price, so I can't complain. I did get it recleared as there was a small crack in the clear when purchased. Either way its a killer lip.
I've tinkered with the tought of painting part of it (like the center piece only or the bottom part only) but I'm not sure. It looks pretty good as is. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
What exhaust is that?

The car looks awesome! I love the black wheels, and I'm sure they look better in person than in the pics too!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by lilsilkk1112@Jun 27 2005, 06:38 AM
Well, it was 104 in PA today where I was...

[snapback]122416[/snapback]​

:OMG: Where, State College or where you live? I am in Pittsburgh, but was out of town yesterday :ahhh: 93º was the high here yesterday......it was hotter at the track in mid ohio....:hide2:

You Z is looking great! I agree, paint the centercaps...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Buddy - My exhaust setup currently is the Fujitsubo Y-Pipe and the Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust... I have Helix Test Pipes also, but we have emissions here, so I'm weighing the benefit of performance v. the pain of removing them once a year to pass inspection. Got a killer deal on the exhaust though. My friend put maybe 8,000 miles on it and sold me the test pipes (200 new), y-pipe (500 new), and tanabe (800 new) for a total of $700. He also installed it for me. Can't really beat it!

Jinxxy - I live about 20 minutes north of harrisburg, I just work in State College Mon-Fri. The bank clock said 104 degrees, but I didn't think to check the Z ambient temp guage at that point. I'm guessing it would have been a little under 100 though. I *do* know it was still reading 90 degrees though when I was on my way home around 830pm.

Centercaps will be done this weekend if I don't impulse purchase the Black M-Sports i mentioned. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks man. Here is one last pic...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts