Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Import Tuner mag today. They had another article with some bolt-ons that gave some ponies.

They started with a 03 350z track model and it started with 231.8 rwhp and 227.1 tq

These mods added
1. HKs Hi Power Exhaust- 11.8 rwhp 5.7 tq $2895
2. K&N Filter Element- 3.7 rwhp 1.8 tq $50
3. Ground Box- 2.6 rwhp 1.6 tq $200

Final stats- 249.9 rwhp 236.2 tq
Total cost $2145

Now add a plenum spacer and a CAI or a Popcharger in place of the air filter and you can even get more.

I was looking at getting the HKS exhaust, but I also plan on getting the APS TT, will this exhaust work on the TT kit? Also does anyone have any experience with the HKS exhaust, cause I wanna know how it sounds.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
:OMG: that is an insane price for ANY exhaust. And just FYI you will NEVER get the hp increase that is published in any mag for the items you posted. With bolt ons......exhaust/intake/ground box??? you won't really feel the hp increase, even w/ the butt dyno :wink:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Stillen true dual exhg. gets that HP for 1/2 the $$ I wouldn't pay an extra G= for a sticker...

If you're going APS for the induction, why not for the exhaust?...they've been tested/designed to work together.....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just got the Import Tuner mag today. They had another article with some bolt-ons that gave some ponies.

They started with a 03 350z track model and it started with 231.8 rwhp and 227.1 tq

These mods added
1. HKs Hi Power Exhaust- 11.8 rwhp 5.7 tq $2895
2. K&N Filter Element- 3.7 rwhp 1.8 tq $50
3. Ground Box- 2.6 rwhp 1.6 tq $200
Final stats- 249.9 rwhp 236.2 tq
Total cost $2145
Now add a plenum spacer and a CAI or a Popcharger in place of the air filter and you can even get more.

I was looking at getting the HKS exhaust, but I also plan on getting the APS TT, will this exhaust work on the TT kit? Also does anyone have any experience with the HKS exhaust, cause I wanna know how it sounds.
Did you mean that the exhaust was priced at $1895?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hel-lo? Can you say 3.91 gears? I know you can. :irock:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah sorry the price is $1895 for the exhaust.

Yeah I know it is expensive.

yeah i can say 3.91 gears. doesn't mean that i know what you are talking about lol :nana: please do explain. I see that you got them. and what is the price on the gears. Don't forget my forehead is stamped with newbie. :newbie:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK nm I researched and found a thread in here about the 3.9 Seems like a very good investment.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I can only speak for myself. I love them. No added strain on engine internals, either.

Try http://www.350evo.com

Gears and installation - about $1300.00 :irock:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
The 3.9 gears would raise your RPM level about 500rpms, and puts you in a better powerband for hard driving.

Your bolt-on list is impressive, but there more power held up in the headers, y-pipe, and catalytic converters than anything else. The exhaust is, in my opinion, way too expensive for what it is.

It sounds like you're in the right direction in researching all of your mods though. If you have any more questions about them, post them up and we'll see if we can answer them for you! :irock:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have got a question about the gears. It listed a list of other parts you needed to buy with the gears. Did you also buy all the other parts? I also went onto the 350evo website and it listed like 5 or six diferent packages. does anyone know the diference in the packages?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
sorry, but over $2k in stuff but barely a 18 HP gain is not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Id rather save up to go FI, but I geuss if you want to go NA thats a good selction for starters. By the way whats a Ground Box?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Well - I have the Enthusiast - so all I needed was the ring & pinion - and the other crush sleeves and bolts and shims. Parts came to about $890 I think. (they suggest these parts on the same page as the ring & pinion). PM me if you'd like more detailed info on the results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed the HKS- True Dual with Ti Tips.

I paid $1480.00 at Performance Nissan in Duarte California.
They charged $160.00 for installation.

Sounds way deeper than the stock system. At 3K to 5K on the Freeway
it sounds like a V8. Nice finish and quality hardware.

2004-350Z Touring-6 Speed
JWT Pop charger, Motordyne 5/16" Spacer, HKS Exhaust.
19" racing Hart "CX" wheels, Toyo-T1S Tires.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I feel kind of dumb asking this, but what exactly is a pop charger? I never even heard of such a thing for any other car I have had.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts