Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a few drinks on Saturday and rather than be irresponsible I had this girl I had been talking to drive me home. I fell asleep and some how she lost control of the car on the interstate. T\We are both fine, I have just a cracked rib and bruised legs, but my car is no more. RIP '05 Z.

[attachmentid=15845][attachmentid=15846]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
HOLY **** :OMG: Glad your both ok.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Holy god bro
WTF happened and where?
Next time you are that drunk call you local Z driving buds to give you a ride. lol
Glad you survived although i dunno if i totaly feel that way for the Z wrecking chikkie LOL

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Dumbass(I know I should pass, and not give a negative statement,but honesty over came me.)

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
:OMG: What did yall hit??? Glad your ok!

There's no way I'd let someone I didn't know drive my car... I'd sit in the parking lot and sleep in it first.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
holy ****...I have let a few women drive my Z and the result was much better than that. I feel for ya, and I hope the broad is suffering a little bit

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
One post and you leave us hanging? :soapbox: I wanna know more!

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Glad you are both okay. I bet she feels horrible about wrecking your car. Maybe you should work out the value of the damage in trade... :hump: :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay by popular demand here is what happened...

Went out on a Saturday and had a few drinks. Met up with this girl who I had met a few times and was actually working at the restaurant that I was drinking at. Anyway I stuck around and had one drink with her after she got off work. She asked if I was ok to drive, I said no, so she offered to drive me back to my place in my car. Keep in mind two things, first, there was almost two hours between her drink and when the accident happened, so I know she was sober and two, she had no idea I drove a Z. So we are driving back to my place which is about 40 minutes from where we were. I feel asleep about 20 minutes into the drive. According to her, just as she came off a bridge, some guy cut her off. She hit the brakes, but since she normally drives a Civic, she hit them way too hard. Too much brake coupled with the wet roads as it had rained a few hours ago, resulted in her losing control and the car taking a right hand turn into a cement retaining wall. Medics came, etc. etc. and now I get a new car. Per the insurance lady "I guess I don't need to break the news to you that we are totaling your car if you have already seen it."

Two final points:

1. I have to say that the Nissan engineers did an outstanding job of designing the car. :clap: We had to have hit the retaining wall at 65-75 mph. The car crumpled the way it should and the passanger compartment was completly intact. Sorry I didn't get more photos of the interior (what looks like the dashboard in the drivers seat is just the wheel well that came off), but trust me when I tell you that the interior was completly intact.

2. As to if I will get an '06 Z? At this point I have not decided. I loved my Z and want another, yet I think that I should take at least a test drive to see if I am comfortable getting back into one. If I don't get a Z, I will probably get either an Infiniti or a Nissan as clearly they are some of the safest cars out there.

Take it from me, your Z is built to save your life! :cheers:

P.S. Yes the girl feels awful. And McDuck, you are the third person to suggest the trade value to me.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
You are going about this the right way. What's done is done...and you seem to be taking it all very well.

Sucks having your car totalled...but it would be even worse if you had :cheers: and :shiftdrive: .
...then you'd be in tons of trouble.

Let us know what you end up getting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts