Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week I bought the new Ray Charles CD, poped it in to slot 6 and it told me to check the CD, moved it to every other position same problem. Took it in the house - plays great!

anyone have any ideas? It seems to only be this particular CD!!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
maybe the Z don't like Ray. Honestly though run a cd lens cleaner through it and see what is up.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Since the temps here have turned a little nipply, my Blose has been skipping big time. I believe that I read something about the skipping issue being common for the 6-disc player in the Z. Can't believe they chinced on a $30k sportscar...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 3 2004, 12:55 AM
Can't believe they chinced on a $30k sportscar...

You have to remember that in order to make a car like a Z affordable, certain corners need to be cut. People have been complaining about the Blose system since day one. Some people have gone through many head units already. I think LBSOHK is on his 8th? Is that right LB?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah, if they had to cut corners, I am glad they cut on something I was going to change anyway. I changed the Bose last December. I just upgraded to the new Clarion touch screen yesterday. I have not figured out how to work the **** thing yet, but it looks and sounds great. It looks like it was made for the car. (CS).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Do most people who replace the Bose do it themselves? I was angrily staring at it this cold, wintery morning wondering how I could take it out w/o scratching the console. I would like nothing better than a HU that lights up the console and works properly ALL the time.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Well after you remove the console, removing the HU can't really scratch it
</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****, you're a fast poster! Sigh, so you're suggesting 'plastic surgery' for my baby...and she's not even matured enough yet. I'm gonna be crying when I 'take the knife' to her.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It is not that expensive to have it professionally done. And well worth it if you do not feel comfortable with it.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Looks like another excuse to take my son for a cruise...down to a couple of stereo shops! Woohoo! I'm sure he'll tell momma how I need a new stereo. Speaking of which, he hasn't mentioned new wheels to her in a while...I guess I need to increase his allowance to ensure he continues with the subliminal messaging.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Oct 2 2004, 11:00 PM-->QUOTE (DiRN @ Oct 2 2004, 11:00 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Oct 3 2004, 12:55 AM
Can't believe they chinced on a $30k sportscar...

You have to remember that in order to make a car like a Z affordable, certain corners need to be cut. People have been complaining about the Blose system since day one. Some people have gone through many head units already. I think LBSOHK is on his 8th? Is that right LB?

dont remind me
... I just took off all my mods , and will go to the dealership for the 9th and some other problems

Smooth - you can easily take out the head unit by yourself in less than 15 minutes..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks LB. I'm curious as to the setup, so I might just take it apart to see it. I don't think it's going to be too difficult to replace it with another HU - like the Clarion David got.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a bootleg, not a burn - even exchanged it at the store for another - same symptom. did the cleaning - time to call Nissan for the replacement!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
What's a new HU cost from Nissan? LB? Care to share?

Too bad they don't cut you out a check and let you go buy an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
buZam - go get yourself a new ( remanufactured ) blose HU from the dealer... take that CD with you so they could duplicate the problem...

as far as the cost , all my HU were covered by nissans warrantee ,so I couldnt tell you what they cost..

Smooth , if you get stuck , dont be shy to use TK's DIY ..

·
Registered
54 Posts
i had the same problem with a cd of mine...(yes it was bootleg) it worked in my truck but wont in the z

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
my dealership was telling me that I may experience some problems with bootleg cds , but Im not sure if he was serious , or just selling me BS...
Also , the owners manual states that in cold weather , you may have to wait until the car warms up , until you could play cd's ..
pretty
if you ask me...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts