Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i really mash my brake pedal down, something in the front suspension "shifts" . There is a very noticeable clunking noise, drop in the suspension, and the front end slides. This is very, very dangerous, and it apppears something is definitely not right with my car.

I am at a loss as to what may be causing this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think that I may experience the same as every now and again. I asked the dealer before as to what this could be, and they told me that our front brakes automatically adjust.

The front brake pads are built with a little room to shift for adjustment. This just happened to me the other day. It happened once and was fine thereafter.

To my understanding, this is only supposed to occur once or twice every once in a while. More than this reoccuring every now and then might be a problem.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it is not a random thing. It is every time i really get on the brakes. And I am not 100% sure it is the brakes causing the problem. It seems more like a suspension thing.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Using an aftermarket rotor and wheels with the alignment pin removed? This could be causing a small shift in the rotor under hard braking. Also, check the springs to see if they shifted out of position from their seats.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have actually gotten this too Josh. Really mash hard and it seems to slip. Glad Im not the only one

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****, Josh. How hard do you drive your Z? Trying to kill some more deer? :lmfao:

I thought I was braking hard from high speeds, but all I get is the shimmy and shake at the front. I guess when I get them that hot, something's bound to tell me to knock it off. hehe...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drive hard or go home :drive:... but seriosly, i dont have to be driving hard to get this problem. It is only under heavy breaking (could be experience if someone in front slams their brakes, etc..)

i will probably tear down the front end next month after I move and see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've this happen to me as well, if you read the racing forum on my350z you'll see that it happens to those guys as well. The solution to this is don't slam the brakes too fast, otherwise they'll lock up. Get on them fast, but not fast enough to lock them up.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

why don't you just put a picture in your signature? haha....you're always adding some random picture to your posts. :)

anyway...josh...i'd have your brakes looked at. not worth the risk of having something wrong. ya know? better safe than sorry. but, yeah, i thought we had anti lock brakes.

·
Registered
785 Posts
this doesnt sound like suspension problems. and it doesnt really sound like a problem. I am gonna chalk one up for normal in regards to this issue. I dont think its anything to be worried about either, I have had the same problem, and for me its mostly when im heavily breaking and go over a bump. The harder you mash the brakes the harder you brake still, it just feels a lot lighter. It still has never been a problem, people have stopped short in front of me and this happens, no problem i stopped in time. Seems like they are meant to do it

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I've never experienced this issue....but it seems implausible that it would be "normal" if the driver feels unsafe during heavy braking. That's not a experience you're supposed to have.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]

1st of all you nitwit - you have to have a car to drive :nana:
2nd you need to drive it like you stole it - not like your granma Esther.
3rd you wouldn't know hard breaking if it hit you in the face with an airbag.
:nana: :lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao:

·
Registered
78 Posts
same thing has happened to me only I don't get the shifting and sliding. It's only happened twice but both times were under abrubt-hard braking and I felt and heard a clunking sound. No idea. Let us know if the front end tear down reveals anything.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]83536[/snapback]
[/quote]

Didn't know you could count that high...who helped you?

·
Registered
785 Posts
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]83536[/snapback]
[/quote]

Didn't know you could count that high...who helped you?
<div align="right">[snapback]83551[/snapback]
[/quote]
hahahahah!!!!!!! :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :lmfao: :lmfao:

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i haven't experienced this either, but honestly i have not really paid that much attention to it either and i may have not noticed it.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
lmao you guys are hysterical..

But seriously, Josh, is the car still under warrantee? I'd assume so, despite the mods you have. Im not really sure what it could be, as I cant remember the last time I ever hit my brakes really hard in the Z (they work so well, I never really had to). Best of luck findin out what it is!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts