Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody used them yet... is so can you guys give me some tips. i'll be traveling up north and might encounter some snow conditions... thanks in advance! happy new year everybody!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2005 Touring came with a spereate dislcaimer from the dealer that they made me read and sign that states that you cannot put snow chains or any other snow device on the tires.

Maybe someone else can ferify this for you

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I don't think the regular snow 'chains' would work on the Z, but if they made a specific product for the Z, who's going to know if you put them on? It's not a permanent mod, so any damage done by these chains woudn't void your warranty unless you're a really thick skulled individual.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by duckman@Jan 6 2005, 05:45 PM
My 2005 Touring came with a spereate dislcaimer from the dealer that they made me read and sign that states that you cannot put snow chains or any other snow device on the tires.

Maybe someone else can ferify this for you

yup..same here. Have to initial it. :lame:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the inputs... i got some snow cables by SCC the class S once it fits just right... according to the manual you could actually use class S cables if you have to. for the rear only though... but hopefully i wont have to use it... thanks again!

·
Registered
86 Posts
what are snow chains?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Snow chains are simply chains you put over your tires for better traction in the snow. I could be wrong on this but I thought they were illegal in all states but Alaska. Like on a snow blower, but you probably wouldn't know about those in CA either :rotflmao:

As long as we're talking about snow, does anyone drive theirs all winter, in the north at least?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Not me but people do. I have before on stock tires, and they SUCK in the snow, Z's don't go in snow on stock tires...I put blizzaks on my stock rims for the winter, but we got another car to drive in the winter so she's under car cover till spring....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2005 and had the same document presented to me that "Duckman" mentioned. I would rent something to get me through the snow if I didn't have a 4x4...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
now don't rub it in Jinxxy........got stuck for the 1st time tonigth on the way home. going up a slight incline on 1/4 tank (no weight) and did not put my weight contraption in the spare tire.

pushed out, got a full tank, put my weight contraption in and all is well again!! but stock tires suck with out some heavy weight in the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts