Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night around 10:00 pm the wife suggests we take the dog and go out for some ice cream. I say ok, where are your keys for the "Santa Fe" and she says lets take the "Z". I'm thinking the dog and Ice cream in the Z I don't know. She says it will be ok I'll keep her on my lap.

So we head to Culvers. I get her a dish of Ice Cream and go next door to gas up. I figure I'll let her and the dog go at it with the car is not moving. So I clean them up and home we go. We are approaching a four way stop sign on a 45 mile per hour boulevard when an S2000 with loud raspy pipes goes buy me on the right, surely to be noticed and hits the brakes hard to make his stop. My wife says, what is that? and she sees me reaching to turn off my TCS. Now he's waitng for me at the stop sign. She says are you gonna kick his ass? I make my stop and we look over at each other and were off. From the line his headlights are at my door. (man that red line comes up fast in first gear, there's no time to be looking around) He falls back into my blind spot but I can hear him there getting rubber in second. When I hit third and looked in the mirror he was way back. As we approached the next stop sign he just stayed back, he was done.

The dog was plastered to my wifes chest through all of this. She says to the dog, that's ok honey daddys just having another day in his mid life crises....Daddy just ended a great day!

Oh, and my fill ups for the last couple of weeks has been "regular".

·
Registered
270 Posts
Originally posted by Dick Ticcioni@Sep 14 2005, 09:02 AM
Last night around 10:00 pm the wife suggests we take the dog and go out for some ice cream. I say ok, where are your keys for the "Santa Fe" and she says lets take the "Z". I'm thinking the dog and Ice cream in the Z I don't know. She says it will be ok I'll keep her on my lap.

So we head to Culvers. I get her a dish of Ice Cream and go next door to gas up. I figure I'll let her and the dog go at it with the car is not moving. So I clean them up and home we go. We are approaching a four way stop sign on a 45 mile per hour boulevard when an S2000 with loud raspy pipes goes buy me on the right, surely to be noticed and hits the brakes hard to make his stop. My wife says, what is that? and she sees me reaching to turn off my TCS. Now he's waitng for me at the stop sign. She says are you gonna kick his ass? I make my stop and we look over at each other and were off. From the line his headlights are at my door. (man that red line comes up fast in first gear, there's no time to be looking around) He falls back into my blind spot but I can hear him there getting rubber in second. When I hit third and looked in the mirror he was way back. As we approached the next stop sign he just stayed back, he was done.

The dog was plastered to my wifes chest through all of this. She says to the dog, that's ok honey daddys just having another day in his mid life crises....Daddy just ended a great day!

Oh, and my fill ups for the last couple of weeks has been "regular".
[snapback]154915[/snapback]​

NIce KIll!!! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Great story :rolf2:

If you mean that you are filling up the Z with regular fuel as opposed to the premium that you are supposed to use, then please stop and use premium.

I used the medium grade 89 in the 2003 Maxima, and a year later there is a knocking noise coming from the engine bay.

Nice kill!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would never consider using anything but 93 in my Z...used to use 94 when sunoco was still around my area. Now that its built motor and twin turbo and looking at higher boost levels....i can't even consider less than 93! SO DON"T DO IT :nono:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
S2k's drive like a civic till about 4500 rpm...My Stepdad has one...I made sure & took him for a ride (slide) in the Z on his last visit...there was some small discussion about 'torque'.

& as for 'midlife crisis'...?...The whole rest of my life was an effing crisis. I'm having fun now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Sep 14 2005, 08:46 AM
S2k's drive like a civic till about 4500 rpm...My Stepdad has one...I made sure & took him for a ride (slide) in the Z on his last visit...there was some small discussion about 'torque'.

& as for 'midlife crisis'...?...The whole rest of my life was an effing crisis.  I'm having fun now!
[snapback]154969[/snapback]​

yea my cousin indeed have one of those and it drives simply like a civic until you hit the VTEC.. it's like an on and off switch.. not to mention the low torque on S2K contribute to very difficult launching.... if u can launch those well, those things are very quick.

nice kill

·
Registered
334 Posts
She says to the dog, that's ok honey daddys just having another day in his mid life crises....
:rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nice Kill?

Why?

What are the numbers? hp vs. hp?

I think the Honda is a bit down on power compared to our's.

To me, a "nice kill" is an evenly matched race wherein the driver makes the difference - not hp.

Just my humble 2C's.
:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice Kill?

Why?

What are the numbers? hp vs. hp?

I think the Honda is a bit down on power compared to our's.

To me, a "nice kill" is an evenly matched race wherein the driver makes the difference - not hp.

Just my humble 2C's.
:shiftdrive:
There are however cars, even though they produce less power "on paper", that can outpace our Z33s. This is particularly the case with turbo charged vehicles.

At the end of the day, it is always going to be a combination of power, weight, transmission and the driver behind the wheel.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
doesnt matter a kill is a kill.....
nice. if that's the case...i "killed" some dumbass on a mountain bike the other day. he was so slow...i figured he'd be a lot faster...i mean...he did have 21 gears!

:lmfao:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
nice. if that's the case...i "killed" some dumbass on a mountain bike the other day. he was so slow...i figured he'd be a lot faster...i mean...he did have 21 gears!
no wonder you sold your Z for a slow ass car

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
no wonder you sold your Z for a slow ass car
sold it for a slow ass car? what new car did i get? i don't even remember buying a new car. haha! i actually sold it cause it didn't make any sense to have it sitting in the garage for 7 months a year. boston weather isn't ideal for a z. i drove the z for 5 months a year...and drove the civic or 4runner for the rest of the year. it was a waste for me to have it sitting around 7 months of the year untouched. i don't have a car payment now. that sound a lot better to me. :)

hey...at least i didn't have to sell my car because my ex-girlfriend didn't want her name on the lease. :lmfao: :nana:

·
Registered
798 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
u guys fighting again.......

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.