Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2004 performance 350Z with 14000 miles. When I slow down to around 15 mph there is kind of a grinding noise which gets worse when I apply the brakes. Is this normal and if not can anyone answer my problem? I don't think its the brake pads because there is no squelling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by HSM11@Nov 4 2004, 11:41 AM
I have recently purchased a 2004 performance 350Z with 14000 miles.  When I slow down to around 15 mph there is  kind of a grinding noise which gets worse when I apply the brakes.  Is this normal and if not can anyone answer my problem?  I don't think its the brake pads because there is no squelling.

I do not know what you mean when you ask "5AT or 6MT". When it makes this sound I don't feel it in the brake pedal as you would normally if it were rotors.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I've never heard the noise, so I could be wrong, but perhaps this is the tire feathering issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it is the tires as they are great shape. I will probably have the dealership take a look at it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does it sound like it comes from the rear? Mine is an '03 and it does the same and comes from the rear. The dealership has replaced the joints and the bearings but I still have the problem. I just haven't had the time to take it back to get checked. Plus, my dealership sucks. I'll wait till I'm back home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts