Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone point out the advantages / disadvantages...

i would like to know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Sosa@Jan 28 2004, 01:20 PM
Slotted rotors don't crack as the cross drilled rotors *can*

true.......but if the rotors are cast with the holes, as opposed to drilled, they're much stronger.......and much less prone to cracking

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
the best slotted/cross drilled rotors i had were from a company called Irotors. these were zinc coated inside and out (only rust was from where the pad made contact, but that came off easily). it's a shame they don't make them for the Z yet. i paid $315 shipped for all 4 in a group buy for my old eclipse.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i emailed irotors about a setup for the Z. they have one after all for the non brembo cars(it is not on their site yet) I replied to get some more specifics on them; how are they made, sizes, some of the questions that were asked in this thread. I am just going by my experience with them and their rotors but once i get the info to you all, we will see. He quoted me an initial price of $269 for all 4 shipped. i think the zinc coating will be extra though.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
here is the reply on the irotors i listed above

Hello Stephen,

The rotors start off as blank rotors then our distributor have them cross cut on a CNC aided machine. The machine creates precision drilling for the rotors. This is a known method with all cross drilled brake rotors. The rotors are non directional but with the way the rotors are drilled, we will specify a left and a right rotor for maximum air circulation.

The rotors are also 'e-coated' black which means that the rotors were factory painted for lifetime rust protection.

here is a picture of some of thier rotors to see what they mean (NOTE THESE ARE NOT FOR THE Z):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts