Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question of the day, and also may lead to a big debate. which way do you go with slotted rotors. I know some depend on if the inner vanes are directional or not, but if they are straight which way should they go.

lets say this is the front of the vehicle and direction of travel is <--------
should they look like / going forward or \ ? in other words, narrow to wide biting into the pad or wide to narrow? discuss

·
Registered
853 Posts
Here's the AP's!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brembo, AP, Stoptech and Rotora BBK have directional venting on the inner part. that is what matters for direction on those. I found out that on slotted OEM replacement sized rotors that some companies put them with straight inner vents, so the direction does not matter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Stoptech's inner vanes run opposite of the grooves on the rotor's faces. I think they do that to maintain the integrity of the rotor. The inner vanes do the cooling. The outer grooves are to remove the gasses.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
My rear Stillen/DBA rotors have face grooves going both ways! :smiley69:

Not sure which way the inner vanes point......I'll check when I put on my snow tires tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice rotors chazz, who made them? those look like the ones i got

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine are narrow-to-wide slots. They are single piece dba rotors with pillar vane venting. Note though that this style rotor has reverse slots at the extreme perimeter of the rotor! :newbie:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick Dumb question prolly... How do u take the rear rotors off, ive tried hammerin them off figurin they should come off, but the front ones had a lil 10mm bolt to help them come off. The rear has some weird rubber thing in place... Can Anyone help

·
Registered
248 Posts
The rubber thingy's allow access to adjust the parking brake.....thats all. Make sure the parking brake is off, then, beat the living h*ll on the back of the rotor, and many strong wacks with a BFH between the wheel studs, and the rotor SHOULD come off. It's a b*tch.......been there, done that. :banghead:

Good luck! :rolf2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts