Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Michael. I joined this forum a while ago but I never posted anything because I just like to read all of the other posts, but now I have a little problem with my 05 Z and I was hoping you guys could help me out.
Well, I started to hear a slight single tick noise coming from under the driver side of the car, only in first gear as soon as the car starts to roll. It would not do it all the time, just every couple stops I would hear it. It stayed that way for about three weeks and I didn't pay attention to it. It has been almost two months now and I hear a little more than I used to but it is not only in first gear anymore. Even when I'm just cruisin at about 40mph and I let off the gas I can hear it sometimes, just one single tick coming from under the car. I checked CVboots and nothing is torn, no fluid leaking anywhere, nothing. Has anyone had a problem like this? I want to lower my car but I don't want to void the warranty until I firgure out what this problem is. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
This is a normal problem so don't be worried.

There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulliten) from Nissan regarding clicking rear axles. This is the problem you are experiencing, it is due to the rear axles loosening up just a bit. What Nissan does to correct the problem is loosen up the rear axles, apply grease to the splines and then tighten everything back up. This will eliminate your problem and it is covered for free by Nissan, just take your car to a dealership to have it fixed. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Zxrage@Aug 31 2005, 09:51 PM
This is a normal problem so don't be worried. 

There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulliten) from Nissan regarding clicking rear axles.  This is the problem you are experiencing, it is due to the rear axles loosening up just a bit.  What Nissan does to correct the problem is loosen up the rear axles, apply grease to the splines and then tighten everything back up.  This will eliminate your problem and it is covered for free by Nissan, just take your car to a dealership to have it fixed.  Good luck.
[snapback]151268[/snapback]​

Thank you very much. Is this a problem I have to fix right away or can I wait a few more weeks( metal to metal rubbing)?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well i have a rattle sound...not loud, but constant. it cant go away. but i can bear with it. i guess its normal as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts