Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering how strong the rear end in the Z is? anyone running a 350Z with slicks? how is the rear end holding up?

·
Registered
182 Posts
[/quote]

This question will depend what kind of torque at the wheel the Z is getting. The first step I would take would be to run drag radials. Then, think about drag wheels with drag radials and lastly run drag wheels and slicks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Overall the drivtrain is pretty strong for japanese tin... I have about 25 passes on M/T streets ET's and have only broken my cv joint once... The rear itself has held up, the driveshaft and u joints seem fine, its just the axles.. Most axles that are breaking, are actually tearing the splines right off in the hub. And its usuall the drivers side.. You can stiffen up the rear with solid mounts which helps and their are a few after market axles out... Other than that, the car is holding up well... knock on wood!!! .... Oh, and I was N/A when I broke my axle... I have a total of over 50 passes on the car, 1/2 with BFG DR's and half with the street slicks...

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

i guess i need to look into drive shaft shop axles then cause i do go to the track quite frequently like every other week... thanks for the info, def. appreciate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts