Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Skyline badges

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im for rebadging the G35, at least on mine. But Im not gonna rebadge it right off, and Im not rebadging to Nissan. When I rebadge I am going to change the "I N F I N I T I" badge across the back to "S K Y L I N E", yet I am leaving the Emblem and "G35x" on. And adding on a GT-S or GT-R sky badge or whatever I can get the car closest too.

And there lies my point. Im not going to badge the stock G with Skyline badges, b/c even though as for stock cars, G and Z cars are great, but they really dont have the same in them as their Japanese preds.

So if you have the time and utilities and money, to run some JDM sky/fairL conversions and parts, then im all for the badges.

So i get my G35x on Tuesday, Ill take some pics then hopefully after a few months Ill have enough to start rebadging, then I will take some pics with no badges, then some with the Sky badges. Ill post them back here to compare them all directly together.

Now I know some may think well how is the x gonna be a skyline, ITS A SEDDAN, well I wanted the ATTESA and figured the set-up and price would be better to Buy the 35x, rather than buying the Coupe and switching the drivetrain out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ahhh but they arent skylines or fairladies unless you drive on the other side of the car :nana:
So if I drive on that side of the car then I should also drive on the other side of the road? I don't think the cops would approve. I'll let you know in a few days though.

:rolf2:

jb

·
Registered
312 Posts
Im for rebadging the G35, at least on mine. But Im not gonna rebadge it right off, and Im not rebadging to Nissan. When I rebadge I am going to change the "I N F I N I T I" badge across the back to "S K Y L I N E", yet I am leaving the Emblem and "G35x" on. And adding on a GT-S or GT-R sky badge or whatever I can get the car closest too.

And there lies my point. Im not going to badge the stock G with Skyline badges, b/c even though as for stock cars, G and Z cars are great, but they really dont have the same in them as their Japanese preds.

So if you have the time and utilities and money, to run some JDM sky/fairL conversions and parts, then im all for the badges.

So i get my G35x on Tuesday, Ill take some pics then hopefully after a few months Ill have enough to start rebadging, then I will take some pics with no badges, then some with the Sky badges. Ill post them back here to compare them all directly together.

Now I know some may think well how is the x gonna be a skyline, ITS A SEDDAN, well I wanted the ATTESA and figured the set-up and price would be better to Buy the 35x, rather than buying the Coupe and switching the drivetrain out.
The Skyline has been in production for a very long time. For most of those years, there have been both coupes and sedans offered. Godzilla had a very similar AWD platform to our cars. The new G35 sedan has the HICAS system as an option. We are getting closer and closer to resurrecting Godzilla in a sedan. I am going TT and would be very glad to race the folks who don't like my badging. I don't think you should put a GTR label on your car w/out a TT setup, but the Skyline is not currently offered with a TT. If all you want to do is point out the fact that the car is, in fact, a Skyline, and keep the logo of the sales organization that imported it, go nuts. I like the Fuji logo, but I want to confuse people, and will go Nissan Skyline 350GT. I'm not gonna pretent it's a GTR though. I saw a Maxima with a GTR emblem on the trunk, and it almost made my eyes bleed.

jb

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't mind flying a Skyline badge on the back, or even a 350GT badge as well. I have both. But flying a GT-R badge, may be a bit bold, unless you've done an AWD conversion, plus TT, maybe. Maybe for us who have TT'd our cars can fly a GT-S badge. :rolf2:

·
Registered
295 Posts
IMO, if you want to biuld a Skyline clone, you should be rockin' at least 500whp before the badge goes on. Otherwise you have people with turbo-diesel farm trucks and riced out sedans going around saying they beat a Skyline.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Even muscle car guy usually won't rebadge to a higher performing model without first putting in a serious engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even muscle car guy usually won't rebadge to a higher performing model without first putting in a serious engine.

That's all fine and well, but the G35 isn't a stripped down version; it is the Skyline 350GT.
If they were different, I'd agree a rebadge wouldn't be accurate, but since they are the exact same car I see no reason why someone couldn't do this if they wanted.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My friend at work, did this to his G. He has Skyline ,350GT, and Nissan badges. It looks good, but I'm still trying to talk him into installing N2O. Probably not going to happen.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I saw a Mustang with a GT-R Badge once. I found that ridiculuous.

Another time i saw a Mitsubishi Galant with Rims that had the GT-R logo.

It's defacing the legacy :cry:

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
a G is a skyline. np imo. no one really cares except us aficionados.

but as someone else wrote, you gotta lose any reference to "Infiniti" and re badge it a Nissan.
;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just had a factory look-alike rear spoiler, 350GT emblem, and the Nissan cheesburger put on the back of my 2005 G35x. The Skyline lettering is coming next, and I was going to replace the front grill with a UTR GTR front grill, in fact I bought it and had it painted and everything, but it does not fit my car!! Arg! What a pain in the ass. Mike over at www.everythingg35.com said I could return it (even though it was painted) because they told me it would fit my car, and they were wrong, which is cool, but I may try to jam it on there anyway. I don't know if that's such a good idea though, I have to see how close it comes to fitting. I may just replace the Mt. Fuji logo on the front with another cheesburger, but I really like the way the front grill looks. So now it's half-assed with no Skyline lettering. Oh well. I do plan to put the GT-R emblem on once I go turbo, but not until.

jb

·
Registered
312 Posts

The major problem is that stock, the GT-R delivered 350 hp to the drivetrain (off the block) and yes, a turbo diesel farm truck or a 1985 Mustang with a 100 shot of nitrous would blow it away as-is. However, stock to stock, similar years, the GT-R would beat most everything that came it's way. The motor is very easy to tune with upgraded turbos, internals, etc. and could seemingly take endless power in a pretty light AWD platform, well-balanced for handling well. So let the ykels crow about beating a Skyline in a straight line. Put me on a tight, twisty course where my sport-tuned AWD really shines, and I'll lap them. I think it's time for me to look at nitrous kits, though, just in case....

jb

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Adding the badge is like adding a Honda Accord type-R badge to a US accord....LAME!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts