Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Skyline badges

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first saw G35's with this I thought it was really cool. I'm talking about the badges that make the car look exactly like it is sold overseas. Skyline is quite a legacy to Nissan fans, so it's kind of cool to sport the name. However, I recently visited g35driver and noticed that everyone and their neighbor seemed to be putting these badges on. I haven't seen any on the road, but I guess it's common on the forums.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I like it. It looks tasteful.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
It is comon on the forums, but i doubt you will run across many on the road.. i think we are a minority in the overall population..

Nissan sells around 30k Z cars each year and probably somewhere around the same G's. Just a guesstimate, but i bet there are over 250k of these cars on the road worldwide. We only have 9k members.

Also, you are going to have to explain what a skyline is to everyone that sees that badge.

I vote for badge removal

·
Registered
284 Posts
i like the badges but...IMHO I like it shaved or with the Infifniti logo's better. Just a personal preference

·
5,437 Posts
I too believe in de-badged.. but that only works with certain cars. For example, shaving "Civic" emblems makes sense, but you sure don't see many de-badged Ferrari's out there.

Re-badging is a neat concept too, but it can be costly. Not only are you re-badging the exterior items, but the interior usually presents the problem. Those parts (steering wheel, seats) are usually costly to re-badge. And it would look pretty hack if it said nissan on the outside and infiniti on the inside. Some things to consider.

N

·
0 Posts
I think they look awesome if you go exactly like the cars in japan, even the steering wheel. If you gonna make it Nissan take all the infiniti stuff off. Those infiniti badges are heavy, the Nissan ones are lightweight will make your car faster :lmfao:

·
Registered
620 Posts
I like um.

The first time I saw a G with the

<div align="center"> S K Y L I N E

across the back I was seriously looking at buying my Z and had to take pause and revisit the G just to be sure I was buying the right car. It had a few other understated mods as well but the badging seemed to be the cherry on the Sunday. In the end the Z still won but the G was a close second because of that car.

Chris

·
Registered
428 Posts
my personal opinion is if you dont have a skyline then you dont call it a skyline. its like putting chevelle letters on a malibu or gto lettering on a lemans or 5.0 badges on a 4cyl mustang.

think its tacky and poser-ish

but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. just some are bigger than others

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
my personal opinion is if you dont have a skyline then you dont call it a skyline. its like putting chevelle letters on a malibu or gto lettering on a lemans or 5.0 badges on a 4cyl mustang.

think its tacky and poser-ish
but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. just some are bigger than others
but it is a Skyline... just like your car is a FairladyZ

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
People always want to do do something that no-one else has. I find it kind of ironic, being down here.

People have started to import the V35s into Australia. Since they're from Japan they wear Nissan Skyline badging, but a lot of the owners are buying the Infiniti badges. Skylines are a dime a dozen on the roads down here, so I suppose its to strive to be different. And Infiniti hasn't been a nameplate in Australia since the mid 90's (and even then they were only around for a year or two, with a 1-2 car lineup).

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should definatly get it rebadge, in 2007 I'm getting a Skyline/G35 and the first thing I'm going to do is get it rebadge and I don't care if others have it rebadge, in my opinion everyone should get it rebadge. It IS a Nissan Skyline and just saying that it's the same car and has the same heritage of a freakin Nissan Primera/G20 is soooo wrong. I'm not going to have my car renamed just so stupid yuppie bastards could go "Oh! this car has a letter and number in it just like bmw, it must be good!" and so that they can feel superior to Altima owners.

I'm considering getting the words "NISSAN SKYLINE" placed on my rear window as well. It's a skyline the next version of the r34 coupe.

·
Registered
312 Posts
So what you're saying it's cool to be a non-conformist, but all these other forums are full of conformists flocking to the badge and therefore it's no longer cool...

I follow you, but I kinda like the name alot better than g35 so I will be badging my car. BTW, it seems like most of the people that buy these cars in my area just purr around in them. When the road is open enough, I drive more like I just stole it. I'm definitely in the minority.

Also, you may want to check the sales figures. The G35 is pretty much carrying Infiniti at this point. From a cash perspective, half their sales came from this car in '05, my model year. It's the least expensive Infiniti offering, so run those numbers.

Go Skyline!

It is comon on the forums, but i doubt you will run across many on the road.. i think we are a minority in the overall population..

Nissan sells around 30k Z cars each year and probably somewhere around the same G's. Just a guesstimate, but i bet there are over 250k of these cars on the road worldwide. We only have 9k members.

Also, you are going to have to explain what a skyline is to everyone that sees that badge.

I vote for badge removal

·
Registered
294 Posts
The bottom line is the car was born as a Skyline in Japan. I've seen the car with the Skyline emblems and shaved and they look nice both ways.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts