Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The motordyne thinner plenum spacer seems to claim more gains than the skunk2 with I think is twice as thick. Has anyone seen dyno for both? The skunk2 is $195 after shipping on ebay so it is the best deal. The thicker motordyne mentions a growl under the hood, but i wonder if the skunk2 also has this. What to you peeps think?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
go to the motordyne website or do a search on this forum.

There was a plenum spacer shootout in a magazine recently, and motordyne won the shootout. The dyno sheets are on there website.

people have been complaining about the skunk spacer rubbing on the hood and you cant use the strut bar.

the motordyne 5/16" Iso Thermal plenum spacer (with all Iso Thermal components, Aramid gasket and CCV)

makes more power than the skunk and you can retain you're strut bar and look stock.

In my honda days i used nothing but skunk parts, but i was dissapointed with the plenum for the Z, and besides i wanted to keep my original strut bar.

besides the basic plenum with out iso thermal is like 215.00 and still barely makes more power than the skunk.

Something to think about. I think there were a few others here who were dissapopinted on the AAM not winning the shoot out either.

all the HP numbers were really close and not worth arguing about.

plus there are upper plenums instead of using spacers that make even more power.

Choice is you're own i can't make it for you.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts