Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though this is mainly a 350Z forum alot of us G35 guys hang out here to get good info, please don't be offened my 350Z brothers. We need some more options for our cars so this is one that may take the cake. Enjoy anyways. And I'm planning on being at the AAM meet this weekend Oct. 1st.

Four months ago my car was sent to Eternal Motorsports in Connecticut to be fitted for a single turbo set up for the 2003 G35 coupe. I’ve had my car back now for about a month. Parts for this kit include:
-Garrett GT35R turbo (dual ball bearing turbo)
-Twin Spearco intercoolers
-Tial 44mm waste-gate with a .5Bar (7.25 psi) spring (with a recirculating setup) -this is good for 8.5 psi. of boost
-3” down pipe leading to the stock muffler
-High flow cat
-MAP-ecu for fuel management
-440cc injectors
-K&N filtered (wet sock) cold air intake
-Walbro 255 fuel pump with a return fuel system

The car runs fine and has power that doesn’t seem to stop. As of right now the kit is using the MAP-ecu for fuel management but over the next couple of weeks Eternal Motorsports will be looking to install the Uni-Chip system with a plug and play set up on my car. This will be for those that may want more boost as well as being able to control some timing if needed. The MAP-ecu will still be available as a tuner set up.

Attached I have some pics of the kit as well as a dyno sheet. You’ll see that the dyno was on a Mustang Dyno but, once the Uni-Chip and is installed and tuned we’ll be going to a Dyno-Jet Dyno for those that may want to see numbers on it. At 8.94 psi. of boost my car made 392-hp. and 416 ft. tq.

MSRP of the kit is estimated at $6,300. Tuner kits will be available without any fuel or engine management system.

In addition to the kit my car has an ACT clutch, Greddy boost controller, and Zeitronix gauge.

Pics included: http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2121101314

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
sounds cool but no link

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by damen@Sep 26 2005, 08:52 PM
Even though this is mainly a 350Z forum alot of us G35 guys hang out here to get good info, please don't be offened my 350Z brothers. We need some more options for our cars so this is one that may take the cake. Enjoy anyways. And I'm planning on being at the AAM meet this weekend Oct. 1st.

Four months ago my car was sent to Eternal Motorsports in Connecticut to be fitted for a single turbo set up for the 2003 G35 coupe. I’ve had my car back now for about a month. Parts for this kit include:
-Garrett GT35R turbo (dual ball bearing turbo)
-Twin Spearco intercoolers
-Tial 44mm waste-gate with a .5Bar (7.25 psi) spring (with a recirculating setup) -this is good for 8.5 psi. of boost
-3” down pipe leading to the stock muffler
-High flow cat
-MAP-ecu for fuel management
-440cc injectors
-K&N filtered (wet sock) cold air intake
-Walbro 255 fuel pump with a return fuel system

The car runs fine and has power that doesn’t seem to stop. As of right now the kit is using the MAP-ecu for fuel management but over the next couple of weeks Eternal Motorsports will be looking to install the Uni-Chip system with a plug and play set up on my car. This will be for those that may want more boost as well as being able to control some timing if needed. The MAP-ecu will still be available as a tuner set up.

Attached I have some pics of the kit as well as a dyno sheet. You’ll see that the dyno was on a Mustang Dyno but, once the Uni-Chip and is installed and tuned we’ll be going to a Dyno-Jet Dyno for those that may want to see numbers on it. At 8.94 psi. of boost my car made 392-hp. and 416 ft. tq.

MSRP of the kit is estimated at $6,300. Tuner kits will be available without any fuel or engine management system.

In addition to the kit my car has an ACT clutch, Greddy boost controller, and Zeitronix gauge.

Pics included: http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2121101314
[snapback]158334[/snapback]​

So for $6300 you get a single turbo "without" the unichip.Why would someone pay an extra $1000 for the uni-chip and more for tuning when they could buy the APS single turbo,COMPLETE for $5800??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So for $6300 you get a single turbo "without" the unichip.Why would someone pay an extra $1000 for the uni-chip and more for tuning when they could buy the APS single turbo,COMPLETE for $5800??
<div align="right">[snapback]158339[/snapback]
[/quote]

you get the uni-chip with the kit. sorry if it didn't sound that way.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Sounds interesting..Your original post made it sound like for the price it came with no engine management.I would like to see one of these kits in person.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i'll be heading up to east harford, conn. either tonight or tomorrow morning. the Uni-chip will be installed and tuned at XXTuning. i'm hoping for 400hp. i really don't need much more than that. i think they are going to tune for two maps 6psi and 10psi. of boost. i know that they are going to tune on a dynapak but, they have a mustang dyno also. wish me luck guys.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
well i'll be heading up to east harford, conn. either tonight or tomorrow morning. the Uni-chip will be installed and tuned at XXTuning. i'm hoping for 400hp. i really don't need much more than that. i think they are going to tune for two maps 6psi and 10psi. of boost. i know that they are going to tune on a dynapak but, they have a mustang dyno also. wish me luck guys.
Last time I checked XX tuning did not tune UNI-CHIP...Or at least thats what they told us..Hmm..
Keep us posted on the results!!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
wow.....6300!!!!!!
thats a lot of friggin money for a single turbo! its not even complete, it needs an intercooler as well.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Sounds interesting..Your original post made it sound like for the price it came with no engine management.I would like to see one of these kits in person.
Just curious, if your from Mayland, why wouldnt you just go to Altered?They tune Uni-chip..Why all the way to XX-Tuning?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Julian......i am most likely gonna get an APS TT from you. all i need is the price. PM me please
I need two, one for me, and one for a G35
what is the best price u can give me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well they do now.

the kit has twin intercooler, the kit is going to be for the G35 coupe and possibly the sedan.

daking got a chance to see the kit in person yesterday while i was on my way to conn. i'm going to stop by his shop on my way home today. and we talked about why i didn't go to altered atmosphere.

i'm getting ready to head over to XX so i'll post results later.

damen

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
the kit has twin intercooler, the kit is going to be for the G35 coupe and possibly the sedan.

daking got a chance to see the kit in person yesterday while i was on my way to conn. i'm going to stop by his shop on my way home today. and we talked about why i didn't go to altered atmosphere.

i'm getting ready to head over to XX so i'll post results later.

damen
Good luck Damen, Lets see some 400's

The kit was nicely done.wish we had time to put her on the lift and see the kit in detail..Interesting to see how this kit will compete with Turbonetics and APS on the market.There are a few things we would change on it,but other than that I like it ALOT more than the Turbonetics kit..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts