Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked my car at the mall this afternoon. After I get home I noticed my S2K shorty antenna disappeared....Anyways, Now I'm wondering can I cut my stock antenna to the similar size as the S2K and use it without any problems. Not trying to save a few bucks but I hate to leave it in the garage collecting dust. Just wondering... Thanks for any inputs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xlnd idea dude! I'm heading down to the local s2k dealership this weekend and get myself a new one. LOL.

I did cut my stock one to 6" and it actually looks pretty good after I mount it on. The only thing I'm worry about is the exposed tip may attract electrical shortage??? Oh well, wth, car is fully insured.

Thanks man! Ya all :yourock:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by FairladyZX@Jul 28 2005, 08:12 PM
Xlnd idea dude!  I'm heading down to the local s2k dealership this weekend and get myself a new one. LOL. 

I did cut my stock one to 6" and it actually looks pretty good after I mount it on.  The only thing I'm worry about is the exposed tip may attract electrical shortage???  Oh well, wth, car is fully insured.

Thanks man! Ya all  :yourock:
[snapback]138825[/snapback]​

i just wonder what would happen if water got in there.

not sure i trust cutting it and leaving it exposed.

ya know??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Xlnd idea dude! I'm heading down to the local s2k dealership this weekend and get myself a new one. LOL.

I did cut my stock one to 6" and it actually looks pretty good after I mount it on. The only thing I'm worry about is the exposed tip may attract electrical shortage??? Oh well, wth, car is fully insured.

Thanks man! Ya all :yourock:

A small rubber cap sho :nunchuk: should solve this problem!! :nunchuk:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've heard the same thing about Ericsson antennas. I have an old 388 somewhere, and when I find it I'll try it out.

Personally I use a Spoon Sports antenna meant for a Fit (Honda Jazz). It's shorter than the S2K one and fits without any worries, although reception is slightly less in terms of quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.