Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked my car at the mall this afternoon. After I get home I noticed my S2K shorty antenna disappeared....Anyways, Now I'm wondering can I cut my stock antenna to the similar size as the S2K and use it without any problems. Not trying to save a few bucks but I hate to leave it in the garage collecting dust. Just wondering... Thanks for any inputs.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I walked by a Z the other day that had cut there antenna off and it looked BAD. I would no suggest it.

~Z~

·
Registered
303 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xlnd idea dude! I'm heading down to the local s2k dealership this weekend and get myself a new one. LOL.

I did cut my stock one to 6" and it actually looks pretty good after I mount it on. The only thing I'm worry about is the exposed tip may attract electrical shortage??? Oh well, wth, car is fully insured.

Thanks man! Ya all :yourock:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by FairladyZX@Jul 28 2005, 08:12 PM
Xlnd idea dude!  I'm heading down to the local s2k dealership this weekend and get myself a new one. LOL. 

I did cut my stock one to 6" and it actually looks pretty good after I mount it on.  The only thing I'm worry about is the exposed tip may attract electrical shortage???  Oh well, wth, car is fully insured.

Thanks man! Ya all  :yourock:
[snapback]138825[/snapback]​

i just wonder what would happen if water got in there.

not sure i trust cutting it and leaving it exposed.

ya know??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all,

I have heard that the antennas on the old ericsson mobile phones fits our zed too... yet to try it out coz i can't find my old phone!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Xlnd idea dude! I'm heading down to the local s2k dealership this weekend and get myself a new one. LOL.

I did cut my stock one to 6" and it actually looks pretty good after I mount it on. The only thing I'm worry about is the exposed tip may attract electrical shortage??? Oh well, wth, car is fully insured.

Thanks man! Ya all :yourock:

A small rubber cap sho :nunchuk: should solve this problem!! :nunchuk:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've heard the same thing about Ericsson antennas. I have an old 388 somewhere, and when I find it I'll try it out.

Personally I use a Spoon Sports antenna meant for a Fit (Honda Jazz). It's shorter than the S2K one and fits without any worries, although reception is slightly less in terms of quality.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
If you cut it and it looks good somebody is gonna rip that one off too.
...so the key is to make it look just bad enough to leave alone.

or get it to look really good and super glue it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts