Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products (wax) gives the best shine and protects your Z against the elements?

Personaly i have washed it twice and have waxed once w/ mothers detail spray.

But whats the best?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well I guess it all depends on who you are talking to. That's why PERSONALLY I've tried a lot of products and determined what is the best FOR ME including Zaino.

The best combination that I have found so far is the following combination.

CLAY BAR
*1Z PAINT POLISH
*KLASSE ALL IN ONE
*MEGUIARS NXT
MEGUIARS QUICK DETAIL

*These products are applied with a Porter Cable 7494 Polisher

These are the best combination that I have found so far. NXT all by itself is also a winning combination for me. Check out this thread for some pics. I hope this helps.

http://350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?show...t=0&#entry24730

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i am gonna look in to that.

i really love the daytona blue paint the way it shines ans shimmers in the sun really brings a smile to my face

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I am hooked on the Blackfire products www.properautocare.com/blackfireusa.html I have tried a lot of difft stuff too and it works the best w/ the brickyard, with mom's pure carnuba wax as a topper. If you want to get serious about detailing check out www.autopia.org for more indepth information. I think it all depends upon personal preference, what you want to accomplish w/ your products (wet shine, depth of color, paint protection, durability etc) You will find carnuba waxes work well but last only a few weeks, where as the polymer sealants like blackfire and Zaino are a hard protectant. You can acheive the results you want with using different products. You just have to test them together for compatibility. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ill give it a go this weekend as long as it dosent rain will post pics if i get it done.

·
Registered
562 Posts
SOLRAC, just wanted to let you know that the mothers detail spray isn't a wax. You use that stuff to clean light dust, bird **** or bugs of a car which is already waxed. It also gives the paint extra shine and depth. The mothers detail spray is my fave at the moment, very slick and it lubricates very well, but you need to wax the car first.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class. It's not expensive and you can find it about anywhere. I'm also very pleased with its results.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use Zaino and love it. But most high quality waxes will give you good results

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by NismoKid@Oct 19 2004, 06:23 AM
I use Meguiars Gold Class.  It's not expensive and you can find it about anywhere.  I'm also very pleased with its results.

Megs Gold class was the first wax that I used on my Z and I liked the result. Have you ever tried NXT? I liked Gold Class but the result I got from NXT out shines it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I use NXT... I really like it, but how many applications should one bottle get you? I think I used WAY too much my first go round?

Also, when should you use a random orbital polisher?

I have this Ryobi RO polisher

Should I toss it or is it a good idea to use it when buffing or polishing? I am a bit afraid to do **** near anything to my beautiful blue Z....

·
Registered
909 Posts
One bottle should last you a good while. It should be applied in thin coats. Before putting the product on your pad, you should always spray it with QD first so it's applied evenly.

I've always read that random orbitals are bad because you're not able to control the speed. What I'm using is a Porter Cable 7424 which has variable speeds. I've been using it for quite a while now and there's really no way of screwing up your paint with this one. Before trying it though I did some extensive reasearch on the proper way of using it and the proper pads by going to various sites that talks about them. One particular site that I got the majority of my info is autopia.org. After about two months of skeptisism I finally tried it and I don't know how I can live without it.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by BlueDragonZ@Oct 21 2004, 03:55 AM
One bottle should last you a good while. It should be applied in thin coats. Before putting the product on your pad, you should always spray it with QD first so it's applied evenly.

I've always read that random orbitals are bad because you're not able to control the speed. What I'm using is a Porter Cable 7424 which has variable speeds. I've been using it for quite a while now and there's really no way of screwing up your paint with this one. Before trying it though I did some extensive reasearch on the proper way of using it and the proper pads by going to various sites that talks about them. One particular site that I got the majority of my info is autopia.org. After about two months of skeptisism I finally tried it and I don't know how I can live without it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love my PC 7242

I use my random orbital polisher w/ terry or MF bonnets to take off the sealants/waxes

ZBoy: QD is quick detailer spray used between washes or just for the heck of it, when taking off dust etc. If you want even more info about detailing go to autopia.org and check it out.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nope Austin, its up now, I have spent a lil time reading it... good stuff!

Right now this is what I think my plan is.

I will have my wife help.

We have a pressure washer with soap dispensure and adjustable pressure nozzle. Also a soft bristle adjustable length brush.

What we do is she sprays soap at low pressure while I brush, and then we rinse. That works REALLY well.

I need to buy a paint safe squeegee. I like that idea. I have a chamoi (sp) for drying

I need QD. I use NXT wax, should I used NXT Booster as a QD?

No need for a power buffer now I think, zero scratches since its a week old.

I need to buy some microfiber towels. I have none, and they look cheap.

I need a claybar kit and some Dawn for when I redo my wax next time.

I like washing the car. Its so relaxing...

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
gotta say Zaino. not only for the shine and protection but for the awesome reflection it gives off. plus it can have a light coat of dust on it and from a distance you can never tell it is dirty. on the front bumper is the reflection of trees from across the parking lot and the car that was parked in the spot one space over on the door. Zaino > *

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts