Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I just got my 06 350z. Iv driven it about 1100 miles and have been experiencing problems shifting from fist to second. It feels as though I have to force the gear in sometimes but I don’t. Also when I first gear and I drop the clutch I hear a loud noise?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’ve taken it to the dealer and they said its normal!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE ****?

:helpsmilie: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
When you say you dropped the clutch, how many RPMs are you doing this at? Also, if the z only has 1100 miles, I would take it easy for the first 1500 - 2000 miles. This loud noise, is there a shudder or shake from the tranny when you hear it? Could be a defective clutch plate or disc.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
17 Posts
ive got 2300 miles on my 06 and havent experienced anything but smoothness.. those other sounds just come with the 300 horses... IMO id rather have 300hp than a quiet car with 5hp :/

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
take it for what is worth, it is just my opinion. sounds like you should have gotten a automatic because by your post you have little to no experience with a stick. yeah it is a sports car, but you should never "drop the clutch" just for the **** of it. Take your time and not try to be in such a hurry, will save you time at the shop and money in your pocket

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, Steve, the 350Z is my first car, I got it 6-speed stick, and I already drive pretty good. I had no prior manual tranny experience except once in a modified 5 liter '91 Stang... **** my Z feels so smooth in comparison! :]

But that's besides the point... Well, ti took like 5 days of practice and I've already got good shifts... IDK what's the deal with this guy though... If you're hearing noises then stop and walk away. :]

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The 1-2nd gear shift issue is normal. The transmission needs to break itself in properly, and this takes time. Mine is smooth as glass now, and I used to have the same issue when I got it. Matching the revs helps too.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Matching revs. That, my son, is the answer you seek. :yourock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts