Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a new MANUAL shift knob for there Z? Is it hard to do & what brands would fit?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Pssst! Nismo from Courtesy or Performance Nissan...

·
Registered
620 Posts

You can also check out the "How To" listed under features at the top of this page. http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/tutorials/...=0&CODE=02&id=7

When I did mine I used vice grips to hold the shifter below the boot to keep the shifter from turning while removing the knob. I used a cheap rubber strap wrench for both turning off the old one and turning on the new one.

All the Nismo knobs fit the threads, so that is the easy way to go. Other knobs like Momo etc. usually have some other way of locking to the shaft using collars and set screws.

I got the little Nismo black ball knob ($31) because it was short, light and plastic (so it would not get so hot in the summer). One thing I noticed was it would not screw all the way down to meet the boot, so I put it in my drill press and opened up the hole at the bottom to allow it to screw down flush.

Most people seem to like the Nismo titanium (just over $100), but it is all personal choice. I think mynismo.com has them on sale till the end of Dec.

Hope this helps
Chris

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here's my style.......I believe that most will fit or can easily be retrofitted......Hardest part is deciding which one.....I'm on my fourth change, but I like this one so it will probably be on for a while, Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Wow! I would love the one from Zeetoyz, but $116? Goodness!

I just want a black ball like the Nismo one that was posted, or maybe one like LB's.

LB, did you have a short throw or is that stock?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am looking at $87.00 US Plus shipping for those Shift Knobs that $116.00 is Canadian Dollars Here is a close up of the one I sell. This one is also 1 1/4" shorter then the Stock Knob and also has a collar on the bottom so it is just like the OEM pc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Crap, just when I buy all my x-mas presents and go broke...

I may have to take you up on it after the new year though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Dec 14 2004, 11:31 AM
here's what I had ! Nismo Titanium GT ! feels great !

hey quick question. do you have a short shifter on that or is the regular shifter and shifter height? I love that look on your titanium!!! :clap:

·
Registered
181 Posts
No that shift knob is 1 1/4" shorter then the OEM pc , also it is 1 lb so the throw is nice and tight:) Also it is Stainless Steel

1 - 20 of 27 Posts