Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

walking into work carpark yesterday some fellow employee left me a nice little suprise in the shape of a towbar tap on my front bumper. Strangely the dent went overnight lol, but the paint is still spiderwebbed under the clear........so u know what that means, another repair job, i think ill use mrgloss this time, heard he's the latest gun repairer. But its come at a good time because after seeing Gary's Z at sandown, and initially shrugging off the idea to remove the emblem, im now thinking its time to shed the free hamburger advertising

what do u guys think, fling the burger? or keep it?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Drop the burger like a bad habit. Or paint it flat black like I did for that porsche/supra look. But if you have the option, shaven always is preferred :)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Shaven haven! ;-P

I've been thinking about doing it for a while. I might just end up buying the Z 'burger badge from Courtesy Parts instead, though, since I don't then have to fill it etc.

I did just spray my front lip in matt black - after doing that, I've realised doing it gloss is the key. It looked great while it was still wet, but now that its dry its more a dark grey when looking in contrast with the metallic silver body.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep im definitely going to have the emblem filled

but then maybe put on the little Nissan hamburger the S15s have, its like 1/3 the size of the Z's, just stick it on with double sided tape so can be easily removed

ill buy one for the rear as well, should cover the pin holes easily

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Get rid of the emblem in the front. I personally dislike it because I think it disrupts the flow of the lines up there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah get rid of it, dont get tacky burger fill ins
or coloured ones

fill it in and do it properly....
you seem like you want things done right, and dont resort to tacky crap..

fill it and find the guy who reversed into you and bitch slap him....

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a good idea to get the S15 nissan symbol, wonder what it will look like.
with photoshop u dont have to wonder dude

no badge
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas.../z_nobadge1.jpg

little front badge
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas.../z_nobadge2.jpg

little rear badge
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scas.../z_nobadge3.jpg

the little badge doesnt look so good on the front, but the rear im definitely going to do. I was following a Nissan XTrail today, thats the badge to get as its a satin finish. But how far apart are the holes behind the rear badge, at the extreme edges or in the centre?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Unbelivevable Sam ... have you been walking under ladders or something? You should really get into demolishon derby as your car would probably have less dings.

ps. Mr Gloss down my way and a few of my friends have used him in the past. They were happy.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unbelivevable Sam ... have you been walking under ladders or something? You should really get into demolishon derby as your car would probably have less dings.
lol i think the haters have jinxed me........new job = new car and they cant take it

having seen my car though u no doubt can see how fussy i am

this tow bar ding is something a normal person would just leave, its barely noticeable......even my old man was scratching his head over it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep shave. and the side Z's

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dropped my car off today

and talked for a while about removing the emblem

basically mr gloss doesnt want to do it. He said u cant use filler on a plastic bumper because of its flexibility. He can plastic weld a piece over the emblem, but over time it will warp/shrink or crack the paint whenever u put pressure on the surrounding areas. If it were a rigid bumper, it could be done and last. Personally how fastidious i am with my car, i dont want to have it looking mint then get shrinking/cracks under the clear coat in a year's time

........onto the next project :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Are you using the Veilside V2 front lip spoiler on a stock front bar with centre cut out and Nismo side skirts?
V1 lip molded into OE bumper cover and US Nismo side skirts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts