Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently put helix cat delete pipes on my z roadster....it set my ses light on.............is there anything that will solve this problem.........or do i just have to live with it ! thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery before the install? If not, you might want to do it now and leave it disconnected for a few minutes before reconnecting.

When I installed mine, I also put in my pop charger and grounding kit, so I had to disconnect the battery (neg terminal). No SES light has come since I installed all those extra toys.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did disconnect the batt.........i also put the jwt pop charger on.....and the helix test pipes followed with the borla true dual exhaust.......when the ses light came on.....i disconnected the neg side .............all night..........this morning it was off.......20 minutes of driving it came back on...........did this 3 times.............and its still coming on..........

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never mind i got the link for resetting the ecu.....thanks............i'll give it a try..........i will reply later and let you know if it works.............so get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i did reset my ecu...........2 to 3 times..........it stays off.......but 20 miles down the road........it comes back on.............can any one help

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by zroadster11@Oct 28 2004, 06:44 PM
well i did reset my ecu...........2 to 3 times..........it stays off.......but 20 miles down the road........it comes back on.............can any one help

bring it to autozone and have them pull the code and tell you what it is they will do it for free

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i took it to autozone......i had them code my car............it said it was the emission..............i had it reset........it stayed off for alittle while......now its back on....................go figure!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts