Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 2004 Tourning A/T serviced at 30,000 miles. When I went to pick it up I was told how much I had to pay to pick up my keys and car. I choked, $500.

When I got the service bill I could not see that they did much. When the Service manager told me he did not have to change the liquid in the transmission I asked him how much more it would be. I don't remember how much it would of been if I had a man. trans. My hearing actually died when I was told how much the bill was. God. I needed a drink after that but I was broke. How much is/was your bill?

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is a major rip off! I thought the service writer had to put an estimate of the cost of any service or repair work they do, and you have to sign or initial your approval? The hourly rates at dealerships is getting out of hand, but they somewhat have a person over a barrel when you are still in the warranty period...hope you find a better service location the next time... :banghead:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Get the factory service manual and check carefully the designations for REQUIRED service at 30K miles. I don't think you'll find $500 worth of operations in there. My dealer provided me with the menu of their "recommended" services at the different intervals, along with the prices. Most of the operations you can do yourself in the driveway--lots of checking and looking. Some of the operations aren't in the factory service requirements, and some are even advised against in the owner manual--like "installation" of fuel and oil additives.

Punch line: Know what service is required per warranty. Know what else you would like done just because it's good practice. Go over this with the service advisor and come to a price. Don't cave in to, "That's our standard service for this mileage." I've been through this on other vehicles with other dealerships. A good service advisor (better yet, the manager) will respect a knowledgeable customer who is firm but friendly in his approach.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'd hate to say it, but I think they raked you over the coals. It shouldn't have cost that much.

I've been man-handled before by Nissan to the tune of $1300, but that was on my Z32. I have yet to pay anything significant for my Z33.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah mna sorry to say it but you got screwed. Did you even ask an estimate beforehand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only good thing about this is they cannot get me again because there is only one 30K. The next time I will be carefull what I ask for and receive.
Another good thing, I am not pissed at my car, the only love affair that last.
Going for a drive right NOW!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yikes. I'm about 1.5K away from my 30K tuneup. I'll definitely be double checking the dealers work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
is it even nessary to go through the 30k service, all its seems to me is they are checking a few things and changing the oil, no real point in spending 200 or what ever to have them change the oil.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[/quote]

I could not agree more. If you go in and say "give me a 30,000 service", they will look at the list (which often includes items that don't even apply to our cars) and charge you for the whole thing.

I am a bit over the mileage for the 30,000 service. I am just going to go down the list and do everything I can in my driveway. I will create a document for it like I use for my oil changes (I do my own and document everything). I will then take the car to the dealer and say "I couldn't do X, Y, and Z. Please do those and thank you and how much".

Dealer's (at least mine) do respect a well educated and polite customer. I have never had an issue with mine. The dealer I used to use for my Maxima would nearly throw a hissy fit when I came in for warranty work.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[/quote]
SWEET! Looks like I will be placing another order with you. I just ordered a new door handle yesterday ($&&(@*^ handle!).

·
Registered
78 Posts
As promised...

Here is a link to what is used in the services... (Minus the Oil Change parts (Filter / Crush Washer / Oil) But these parts are available on our web site as well as Motul Motoroils)

MOC Factory Service Products

MOC Battery Terminal Protectors

Each pad treated with a special anti-corrosive product.

MOC Coolant System Treatment

Antifreeze Extender, Helps Prevent Rust, Scale and Corrosion.

This unique formula fortifies any antifreeze coolant to provide complete protection for the entier cooling system. Contains revolutionary corrosion inhibitors that help prevent damage due to rust, scale, and acid. Contains antifoaming reagents. Compatible with all types of antifreeze coolant, including Asian, extended-life and G-05.

Easy to use! Shake well before using. Add entier bottle to cooling system. Top off with antifreeze if necessary.

<a href='http://performancenissanparts.com/catalog/images/moc1110.jpg' target='_new'></a>

MOC Fuel Injector Cleaner

Cleans, Lubricates, Protects and Helps Restore Lost Performance

MOC's Fuel Injector Cleaner's Formula helps prevent formation of deposits on Fuel-System Components.

Easy to use! Add bottle to fuel tank. One 8 OZ. Bottle treat 15-18 Gallons of fuel!

MOC Windsheild Washer Solvent

Leaves Windshields Sparkling Clean.

MOC's concentrated Windshield Washer Solvent removes dirt, grime, road film and bugs from your windshield, leaving it sparkling clean. Designed to not harm paint, car finish, metal or rubber.

Easy to use! Premix 1 part concentrate to at lease 12 parts of water and then add to the reservoir.

:irock: hehe.. slayer...

·
Registered
13 Posts
oh for the love of god DIY! For 500 bucks you could change every fluid in your car while throwing a BBQ for all your buddies and adding a CAI or short throw mod lol. :werd:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 03 touring A/T I paid only $256.32 Total for my 30k service @ Operation Z in Northridge Ca. Great place to get your Z serviced. Better then a dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts