Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea so my service light came on, i chekced it with my obd scanner and it says i've got 2 problems, even though its the same **** code twice......my idle is to high, i have noticed that my idle is higher than before, i recently took apart my inatke manifold and cleaned it with a rag, and put everything back together, after that, it now idles at....900? idk i cant read the **** lines does it go by 200 rpm? i think it idles at 940-950 right before the 1k line, i thought i twas because i cleaned it so more air was getting in, so i was thinkning of doing that throttle body recalibration thingy,but we dont have one in our tutorials, anyone know how? well for now i just erased the codes because i dont want 2 se them when im driving, im off to work, hopefully i'll have some answers when i come back......................(**** you stock manifold, why couldnt you be more like that $900 kinetix SSV)

edit...its a 6spd

·
Registered
728 Posts
yea so my service light came on, i chekced it with my obd scanner and it says i've got 2 problems, even though its the same **** code twice......my idle is to high, i have noticed that my idle is higher than before, i recently took apart my inatke manifold and cleaned it with a rag, and put everything back together, after that, it now idles at....900? idk i cant read the **** lines does it go by 200 rpm? i think it idles at 940-950 right before the 1k line, i thought i twas because i cleaned it so more air was getting in, so i was thinkning of doing that throttle body recalibration thingy,but we dont have one in our tutorials, anyone know how? well for now i just erased the codes because i dont want 2 se them when im driving, im off to work, hopefully i'll have some answers when i come back......................(**** you stock manifold, why couldnt you be more like that $900 kinetix SSV)

edit...its a 6spd
Maybe this will be some help to you

And trust me, kinetx makes garbage product products

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
He's probably referring to their early equipment. Just like any new company, the first stuff they put out is more subject to issues than old tried and true machining that can only come with experience. Don't hate on kinetix.

·
Registered
728 Posts
dont trust him.. the Kinetix SSV is one of the best pieces out for the Z. Fitment was pefect, power gains are substantial for the FI applications, and its very pretty.

I probably have some of the most extensive knowledge of aftermarket parts of any nonshop owner here. I have done plenums, headers, multiple exhausts, Installed TWO turbo kits - one TT, one ST, intakes, bodykits, wheels, suspension, test pipes. I have seen Kinetix products. I would NOT trust a company that puts out products like the V1-V4, V+ plenums, the crap test pipes I saw on Blake's car, etc. The dynos show the kinetix SSV isn't worth the time it takes install it, let alone the 800-900 bills it costs. Kinetix hasn't come out with any good info on the R&D they did to come up with the design. Yes, the SSV is shiny and pretty and all, but lets be real, #s talk.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help, im used to using the **** scanner, i had a jetta that had its check engine light going off every other week, but i guess after clearing the code, on my way to work it just droped back to normal,i know that whenver you clear a code, it erases readings from the ecu, i guess it did the job, thanks for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts