Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post. Normally I search and try to find answers to my questions. This site is very helpful. :) Anyway, I hope I am posting in the right place. Here is my problem. I have recently installed an old CVA-1000 (not meaning this in a bad way to anyone, but this is the first in-dash mobile video screen that alpine made for those who did not know). I bought a wiring kit to fit my 04 350z. I have the the non bose, non navigational hu. When I hooked up my CVA, and turned my car on, the service engine soon light came on. The ironic thing is, the CVA-1000 works fine, no problems at all. I checked all my grounds, there ok, no exposed wire. What I did notice was that the oem hu had 3 plugs but I only needed to use one. Could only using one plug cause the service engine light to come on? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Well, I can't help you with what is causing the problem, I can only tell you that using only one plug isn't the cause. That is the correct setup

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'd head to AutoZone and get them to hook up their reader and print you off a copy of the diagnosis. Then, call your service department and see what the numbers mean. My $.02.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
There was a warning put out on this when the 350Z first came out. If the ignitinon is turned on while the AC control unit is unplugged (usually done when installing a radio) the check engine light usually will come on.

you should try resetting your ECU with these steps:
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...age&pg=tutor031

That should take care of the check engine light.

Let me know if you need any other help.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the info. Yea, I did turn the car on when the AC control unit was unplugged, and I did take it to an AutoZone, they do a free error code read. The error code was P1065. The readout was something about my fuel to air malfunction. Anyway, just like Nissan, they will not tell you anything unless you take the car to the dealership and let them test it. I will try the reseting ECC method. Also, will unplugging the negative post for about 5 minutes make the Service engine Soon light go off?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the P1065 is the heater power supply something... that could have to do with the AC being disconnected

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply, one last question. If the ECU is a learning ECU, now that the heater has been reconnected, will the light eventually go off without resetting the ECU by using the "push accelorator"method to erase the code?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
[/quote]

no.. once the check engine light is on, it stays on until it is manually reset.
<div align="right">[snapback]103229[/snapback]
[/quote]

Josh when I put my exhaust on my CEL light was on for about a week and then it just went off one day *poof* I didn't do anything to it....:dunno:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
[/quote]

no.. once the check engine light is on, it stays on until it is manually reset.
<div align="right">[snapback]103229[/snapback]
[/quote]

Josh when I put my exhaust on my CEL light was on for about a week and then it just went off one day *poof* I didn't do anything to it....:dunno:
<div align="right">[snapback]103275[/snapback]
[/quote]

weird..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts