Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had posted a reply about this problem and now the light is off. Yesterday after work, I went home in the rain and the light was on. I changed to go to a sportsbar and the light was off when I started it back up. I still have an appointment for the diagnostic on Tuesday which I plan on making. I will let you know the outcome of that.

In the meantime, my personal experience with that light on is this: Loss of HP as measured by the infamous butt dyno, rough idle, and thumping noises from the exhaust. Someone from another site emailed me about their similar problem, which was cool and informative. However, his dealer/service dept was not that helpful.

My idle is now running smoothly at about 740rpm. During the time the light was on, it would idle between 600-750rpm. At cold startup yesterday, the idle was over 1500! That is why I still want to take it in.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I had the svc engine soon light come on for about a week after I installed my exhaust. I called to make an appt to have it looked at, but it went out. Someone told me that it was probably the ecu needed to adjust to the exhaust. I never had rought idle tho. Hope it all checks out ok!

·
Registered
538 Posts
My light was on for about 3 days after I had my new stereo installed. I also made an appointment, but it went off by itself. I did not experience any performance issues.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the problem! Apparently, the previous owner had an Injen CAi and tried to put the OEM intake back in. Here is the culprit they found still attached to the original tube.

It was making the car run lean. The mechanic thinks the inside was deteriorated enough to affect the ECU readings.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the 2 hours included me walking over to Target for some shopping, and they changed my oil. I also picked up my rubber bumper for the hatch. The mechanics were pretty cool about the whole thing. They even complimented me on the color; said it was the easiest to keep clean (or look it anyway).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts