Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldnt buy it but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.takakaira.co.jp/performance/ike...rmula/main.html

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.takakaira.co.jp/performance/ikeyaformula/01.gif');}" />

"The idea of the SEQUEN SHIFTER was formulated 4years ago. The IKEYA FORMULA SEQUEN SHIFTER has finally been completed after extensive trials. Ikeya Formula had major mechanical problems at first. It took quite a long time to reach the method which is explained on this web page. Ikeya Formula had to try many different methods. Even after deciding on this method, Ikeya Formula still had accuracy and durability problems, as well as problems dealing with each different model-Ikeya Formula had to find solutions for each one of them. The area around the shift lever has enormous heat loading, so Ikeya Formula couldn't use the usual bearings and metal for reasons of durability. Ikeya Formula had to think about the special bearings and their preparation. After getting through these long periods, this SEQUEN SHIFTER has finally been completed. Ikeya Formula can now sell this SEQUEN SHIFTER as a part that meets required safety standards. It passed the automobile inspection. Ikeya Formula is planning to develop the items for installation on all H pattern manual transmissions, either domestic or imported models from now on. "

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If you are making a dedicated track car that permits them, then definitely get one.

Faster, more reliable shifts are always a good thing......

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i had a sequential manual box on my Alfa, and that came out back in 1999. Was great fun when fanging, flat changing, blipping the throtle on downshifts and adjusting the shift speeds the harder you're going, but history dictates the more power you feed such 'boxes, the jerkier and more unusable they become

the new direction imo will be dual-clutch setups like Audi's DSG

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is though this isn’t a sequential gearbox; it’s a sequential shifter for a H pattern box? So don’t know how good it is or reliable it would be.

A 'real' sequential gearbox would be quick but too much cash and it might not be involving enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts